Corsair VS XFX 850w, Help me!

kingxpaul

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2010
------------ > Corsair HX850 850W <-------------
-----> -----> or <----- <-----
------------> XFX Black Edition 850W <------------

Which of these 850w Power Supplies is BEST for a Gaming System, I'm Done my build besides for my Power Supply, i cannot decide on what is best i have read negative and positive comments of both which is causing me lack of deciding so hopefully you guys can help me out! Thanks, Paul

-Added-

Also what PSU would have cables long enough to reach parts in a HAF 932 Case that has the PSU mount on the bottom?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tecmo34

Administrator

kingxpaul

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2010
this the 8pin u suggest? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812198024 ? and wouldnt the XFX come with a extra

leon2006

Distinguished
Its almost the same. Both got excellent review from johnnyguru.

The only thing that goes for corsair is its been in the PSU market longer than xfx. Other than that its almost the same.

Go for the cheaper. If the price is within $25 go for corsair

tecmo34

Administrator

Yes, I was talking about an adapter like that.

As for the PSU's, you are looking at roughly a $30 difference between the two after rebates. If you are tight on budget, I would go with the cheaper XFX. If not, I would go with the Corsair for the extra $30 IMO.

henryvalz

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Sorry to hijack this thread about 3 months late, but fundamentally these two power supplies are the same thing.

Also, Newegg currently has the XFX for $90!

Of course, there is the negative which is that you will be forced to wear sunglasses or a welding shield around the XFX's fan.