All USB Ports inoperative

oldhenry

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
Hello, I purchased used an Asus P5ND2-SLI Deluxe motherboard and cannot get the USB ports working, this also occurs when I insert a PCI USB hub card. Also, there are question marks besides The mass storage controller, the SM Buss Controller, Other PCI Bridge Device, the Multimedia Audio Controller, The Ethernet Controller and Other Device, these all have a yellow question mark besides them

The original box didn't come with the motherboard so I can't provide a serial number.
The mother-board boots fine but I'm unable to use my USB powered devices.
I am on Social Security as to the reason I bought this item, I wouldn't be able to buy one of this calibur.
I hope someone has some ideas as what to do. I really like the layout of this motherboard and would like to be able to use it.

eightdrunkengods

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
Did you build this computer? If so, did you do a fresh install of windows?

If your motherboard was used in another system, you should clear the CMOS. Refer to your manual for instruction.

What does it say when you click on those devices in device manager (where you see the yellow question marks).

I think either:
1) You do not have the correct drivers installed for that chipset.
2) Your USB controllers are disabled in BIOS. Clearing CMOS should fix this but you maybe have to go in and enable them anyway. There are instructions for this in your manual also.

Link to the support site for your motherboard. You can find drivers and a manual here.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_775/P5ND2SLI_Deluxe/#overview

TRENDING THREADS