Sign in with
Your question

External Hard drive question

Last response: in Storage
November 16, 2012 2:14:21 AM

Hello,
I am trying to delete some old games off my WD My Essential and I keep getting a message saying
"Cannot read from source file or disk." How can I delete the files
a c 119 G Storage
November 16, 2012 2:59:01 AM

You can go into the disk management and check out the drive to see if it is still working and what it says in there about it. You can also go into device manager and under storage devices see what it says there.

m
l
November 16, 2012 3:38:28 AM

inzone said:
You can go into the disk management and check out the drive to see if it is still working and what it says in there about it. You can also go into device manager and under storage devices see what it says there.

where do i go to get to disk management or device manager? I don't know a lot about computers just enough of the basics to get by
m
l
a c 119 G Storage
November 16, 2012 3:52:15 AM

If you right click on computer and select properties then in the window that comes up on the left side you can see device managr and then you can click on it.
If you also again right click on computer and select manage then you can select disk management and the window that comes up will contain all the drives that are connected to your computer and you can see what it says about the WD drive.
m
l
!