Sign in with
Your question

External hard drive not detected in xp

Last response: in Storage
November 16, 2012 4:19:42 AM

Its asking for format after plug in... but i have very imp data i that so kindly help me to get data form that ssd cards
November 16, 2012 4:22:11 AM

dattanajare said:
Its asking for format after plug in... but i have very imp data i that so kindly help me to get data form that ssd cards

This drive is suffering from a logical failure where MFT tables may have been altered or corrupted. Seek help from a reputable data recovery firm.
m
l
November 16, 2012 6:37:10 AM

It is quite similar as the other thread.

Go to disk management to get disk initialized.

Or you may need a free recovery software to restore files.
m
l
Related resources
March 20, 2013 11:55:54 PM

Hi Dattanajare,

May be the file system in your SSD hard drive is corrupt, so XP is asking you to format it. But formatting the SSD drive will erase all the contents from the device and in order to recover those lost files. You need to use a good data recovery software like Yodot.
m
l
March 21, 2013 7:02:05 PM

Even though I am a computer noob to some extent, I think I can help you, if you merely want to recover your data.
Actually, a month ago, I also experienced the same drive problem. I have tried an external hard drive recovery freeware that perfectly restores all my files. Therefore, I think you may need it, too.
Read more information: http://geeksdo.com/data-recovery/format-recovery.html
Note: You should not format this drive before you have restored all your data back.
You also should learn to back your data regularly all the time.
Good luck!
m
l
!