Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Still trying to update drivers and install manager says no components

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 11, 2010 11:01:48 AM

Newbie having hard time updating my 5770 drivers from 9.11 to 10.4 still! I decided to try to install new drivers over old like I was told and when I run the driver and CCC suite after extraction I choose express uninstall and says no components found ,but I have driver 8.66 and CCC installed! I got nervous after that time to investigate should I bypass the uninstall and just choose install but I afraid it will create no folder instead of overwriting old because if it can't find to uninstall how can it find to update. I don't have the install manager listed in programs and features just Catalyst Control Center and I think because Dell installed at factory thats why I'm having issue!I really want new features from new drivers and game improvements so should I just do a full uninstall instead of running over old ones? HELP NEWBIE AGAIN!Is it possible that the 10.4 driver package can't find my old install to remove because it's for removing or installing 10.4 only I'm confused!What should I do to insure I get a display after uninstall should I set windows to download drivers for new hardware or turn off so it won't stick a default driver in the way or let it install vga driver after reboot and full uninstall because I'm afraid that I won't have display thats whats stopping me from doing full uninstall first and I was told to just run new over old! BLAH/BLAH/BLAH! HELP NEWBIE PLEASE WITH NEW DRIVER UPDATE ON XPS STUDIO WIN 7 64/RADEON 5770/8.66 driver BECAUSE DELL WILL NOT FIX IF I BREAK THEY SUCK!

Best solution

a b \ Driver
July 11, 2010 5:03:42 PM

Try doing a clean install of drivers and check if it helps,here is how
1_Download(but don't install) the latest driver(which is currently Catalyst 10.6),then Download(and install) Driver Sweeper(from guru3d.com)
2_Go to control panel and uninstall your current driver from there
3_Reboot and go to safe mode and open driver sweeper and select ATI,then click on clean,then restart
4_Boot normally to windows and Install the new driver
July 18, 2010 7:52:27 AM

Best answer selected by Savannahmick.
m
l
Related resources
!