Installing HDD into Antec 902 case

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBrim08

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
I'm taking my first shot at building a decent gaming rig and am waiting to get all the parts. I have my Seagate Barracuda LP 2TB 3.5" HDD into my Antec 902 case... but I can't figure out how to get it to stay in there securely. My HDD didn't come with any screws... I got it OEM, I suppose. All of the screws that came with the case don't seem to work, either. Can someone lend me a hand so I can figure this out? I really don't want to spend $25-$50 taking all my stuff to a shop to have them put it together.

Solution
I have a 902 and the screws you need came with the case.
They are really long ones.
2.5 Internal 3.5” Device Installation
1. Remove both side panels per the instructions in Setting Up.
2. Remove the cage thumbscrews fastening the HDD cage to the frame.
3. Slide the HDD cage forward out of the front of the case.
4. Mount the hard drive in the drive cage and fasten it using the long screws provided.
5. Slide the HDD cage back into the case and fasten it with thumbscrews
Download the pdf manual from Antec it shows you the exact screws.

festerovic

Distinguished
images

You should have received enough screws with the case. Look in your motherboard box also, they usually have similar screws. You should be able to order them pretty easy, the ones with two rubber grommets around them are best.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Agree with festerovic. The screws you need should have come with the case. Look at them very carefully because the ones for HDD's look a LOT like the ones for floppy or DVD or CD_ROM drives, differing only in the pitch of the threads as his picture shows. Try turning them into the HDD holes by hand - do NOT force them because the wrong ones will cross-thread the holes!

RBrim08

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
Those screws aren't long enough. There's about a half-inch gap from the outside wall of the cage to the inside wall of the cage. Those screws can't reach the hard drive through that space.

I have a 902 and the screws you need came with the case.
They are really long ones.
2.5 Internal 3.5” Device Installation
1. Remove both side panels per the instructions in Setting Up.
2. Remove the cage thumbscrews fastening the HDD cage to the frame.
3. Slide the HDD cage forward out of the front of the case.
4. Mount the hard drive in the drive cage and fasten it using the long screws provided.
5. Slide the HDD cage back into the case and fasten it with thumbscrews
Download the pdf manual from Antec it shows you the exact screws.

Solution

RBrim08

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010

Hm... okay. I'll give that a try in the morning and see if that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.