Sign in with
Your question

Best 480GB SSD?

Last response: in Storage
November 16, 2012 11:53:43 AM

I had my mind set on getting a 256gb ssd for awhile until I decided, why not just get a 480+gb ssd. This will hold all my games, all my programs, just about everything, and I can use my other hard drive or get a 500-1tb 7200rpm hdd and use that for storage / programs I rarely use.

If you can somehow convince me that a 256gb will suffice, then I'd like to know the best 256gb ssds.

Also, some questions about storage:

-Are games that use internet more resource demanding than games that don't? (would it make more sense to put online games on an ssd or does it not matter)
-How would I make the most out of my new SSD? Keep in mind I've never used / bought an ssd before. I know that installing my OS on it would be a big help.

More about : 480gb ssd

a c 119 G Storage
November 17, 2012 3:34:51 AM

A 256gb SSD will hold a lot of games besides the OS and a few programs and the money that you save from buying the 480gb SSD you could take and get the Western Digital Veloceraptor of either 600 gb or 1 tb and that way you have a 10,000 rpm hard drive that's faster then the regular hard drives.
The Samsung 840 256 gb is a great drive and I just got one and will be changing my OS onto it soon , I currently have it on a Samsung 830 256 gb SSD so that one will be used for storage.

As for your questions the games you play will use the resources that you have on your computer whether it's online or not.
The OS should definetly go on the SSD and that would also make the most out of your SSD.
m
l
!