New Power Supply and Video card, windows will not boot and hard drive not detect

Status
Not open for further replies.

holyness

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
Hi, I am new to this site, I have been using this site to solve issues for a while now, but I could not find a solution to my issue on this site.

Here is my issue:
The computer ran then when it reached the windows it was loading non stop. Then i tried running in safe mode and it say everything is 0 but the Partition. I think something is not plugged in right. We have several plugs that are unused, but I do not know if they are needed.

The new power supply has these connectors:
1 x Main connector (20+4Pin)
1 x 4 Pin ATX 12V
1 x 8 Pin EPS 12V
6 x Peripheral
6 x SATA
1 x Floppy
2 x PCI-E

We have plugged in everything but
1 x PCI-E
6 x SATA
1 x 8 Pin EPS 12V

Are SATAs Important? Where would I plug them in?

Also, we have 2 extra peripheral like connectors not connected to the hard drive, one says input DC 12V and the other says Ouput 0.3A 2 fan Max 0.6A, are we supposed to plug these into something?

Also, while trying to fix the issue, my dad didn't turn the computer off but tried plugging in the input DC 12V connector into the hard drive and it sparked. Afterwards it acted just like it had before making the same sounds and everything, as if nothing changed.

What should I do to try and fix this issue? Is there a way to fix it, if the solution is unknown, where should I take it to have it fixed, we have a local geeksquad? Is there a cheaper option?

Status
Not open for further replies.