Sign in with
Your question

I honestly have no idea.

Last response: in Motherboards
June 23, 2011 4:00:28 AM

Ok, so before I say anything I'm going to give my specs.

AMD Phenom II x2 550(water cooled)

Gigabyte MA790x-UD4P

8GB(2GB sticks) of G Skill DDR2-1066.

Two 2TB hard drives

Nvidia GTX260

600W power supply

Nothing is overclocked and the Processor is not unlocked.

Now when I play any 3D game, I crash. It locks up and makes a "farting" sound. Now I've updated all the drivers for the GPU and the motherboard chipset, the sound drivers, everything. Still crashes. I've tried other games, everything from Mass Effect to Splinter Cell to League of Legends, Even Minecraft crashes. I can't figure out whats wrong. Any help would be very much appreciated.

More about : honestly idea

June 23, 2011 2:41:58 PM

Either your cpu isn't good enough or your gpu is faulty. Anyways it might be time for a new cpu.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
June 23, 2011 3:03:01 PM

Hi there,
Usually when you are using a high CPU/RAM intensive program, crashes are due to RAM voltage or setting not being optimal, or heat, or PSU not being able to deliver the current needed.

Check in the Event Viewer for Critical Errors, if running Win-7 use the Windows Memory Diagnostics to check your RAM, and check the BIOS to see if your RAM voltage is optimal and the settings meet the RAM specs.

Also the BIOS will give you temperatures of the CPU, and system points, and Voltages on each of the 3 channels, 3.3V, 5V , & 12V. On the GB board it' in System Health.
m
l
Related resources
June 30, 2011 12:41:57 AM

I got it fixed. It was my GPU over heating. For whatever reason the fan was running at 5% at a full load.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
June 30, 2011 12:54:28 AM

GumBa11Machine said:
I got it fixed. It was my GPU over heating. For whatever reason the fan was running at 5% at a full load.

Glad to hear it! Not uncommon to have dust and 'stuff' get into the hot Video cards and impair the fan and air flow.
The important thing is you're back in business
m
l
!