DRAM Voltage -> 1.65 ; or closest value e.g. 1.64 per menu

Save & Exit = Yes

Good Luck!

Solution

Drakoes

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2009
Those RAM are rated "XMP Ready"

Try and find that option in your BIOS and select "XMP Profile 1". Then save it and you should have absolutely 0 problems as the timings will automatically be set to patriot's specifications.

On CPU-Z is this the screen you're seeing? CPU-z http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

If you have some Timing App, OC App e.g. AMD Overdrive, or ANY BIOS invasive App then yeah it's change your BIOS. It's the only explanation other than a bad COM Battery. Those Apps are crap so don't use them, you get stuff like this, overriding the BIOS.

1. Uninstall the Apps(s), 2. Try MSCONFIG -> select Diagnostic and reboot.

softwares-cpuz-04.jpg

Stupiditystrikes

Distinguished
May 15, 2011
My DC mode (not sure what that is) says unganged...
DRAM Freq is 655.6 (it's fine)
FSB: DRAM is 3:8
and instead of Row Refresh cycle time I have something called "Bank cycle time" (tRC) and thats at 20 (any ideas on what that is?)

Yeah...

Ganged and Unganged is a normal characteristic of AMD; I posted a generic Intel example. 655.6 * 2 = 1311.2 MHz for the RAM Frequency. This is due to FSB fluctuation and is normal.

"Bank cycle time" (tRC)" is a CPU-z characteristic again for AMD; see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_bank

If you set the 7-7-7-20-2T {same as 2N} then that's what you should see :)

In order from the top down and in the timings column, you should see:
655.6 {number varies}
3:8
--- (tRC) ; this is set by BIOS
2T

Otherwise post a an image.

If your system is stable at 1N/1T then leave it otherwise use what I posted "DRAM Timing Mode -> 2N".

Your FSB will ALWAYS have some degree of fluctuation, to conserve energy your MOBO changes the CPU Multiplier and to some degree the FSB comes along for the ride. There are VERY, VERY few values that don't bob up and down depending on stress of the CPU.