Geforce 210 vs n9400gt

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • DDR2
  • Geforce
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 11, 2010 7:08:13 PM

I've got both (some kind of deal AR). Both are 512MB DDR2. Wonder which one is better?

More about : geforce 210 n9400gt

a c 236 U Graphics card
July 11, 2010 7:14:05 PM

the 9400GT would be better in the same way a punch to the groin is better then a kick to the groin, neither one would give you an enjoyable gaming experience for modern games.
m
l
July 11, 2010 8:03:07 PM

I don't understand what that means with all that groin kicking. These cards are not designated for gaming but rather for 2 monitor solution for a recording studio, with maybe occasional session of counter strike here and there which I'm pretty sure they're more than adequate.
I just woul like to know which card is better and maybe why as well, that's all not some convoluted analogy.
m
l
Related resources
July 11, 2010 9:19:20 PM

The 210 has basically identical performance across the board as the 9400. I would choose the 210 over the 9400 however, since the performance like i said is roughly equal, and because the 210 is based off a newer 40nm process which means it uses less power and runs cooler. However if you decided to increase your budget, i'd suggest the GT 220 or the ATI Radeon HD 5450.

But as long as your not using a very high resolution the GT 210 should be alright.
m
l
a c 236 U Graphics card
July 11, 2010 9:54:18 PM

gr0bda said:
These cards are not designated for gaming but rather for 2 monitor solution for a recording studio, with maybe occasional session of counter strike here and there which I'm pretty sure they're more than adequate.

"Nvidia’s new entry-level solutions are far from ideal. Besides an expectedly low performance in games, the junior model, GeForce 210, does not work well with high-definition video, providing low image quality. This may be a temporary problem that will be soon solved in the next version of the GeForce driver"

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/gf-210-g...

don't know if nvidia fixed the driver issue with them. If you want dual monitor support, get the ATI 4350. Its cheaper and easier to set up for multi-monitors. I have two of them, each one running dual monitors. I prefer nvidia for gaming cards though.
m
l
!