New mobo and processor

noshit1111

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
help!! i just bought A new mobo and i7 and i cant get the boot up to recognize my hard drive im very willing to have someone skype me and walk me through the process as this forum stuff takes a lot longer when your retarded like myself if this is possible my skype is noshit1111 thank you btw im cool even if its im on skype

Check the bios for hardrive recognition. Check both power supply leads to the hardrive and the motherboard to be sure they are seated fully. Older sata cables can come loose easily. IF the bios recognizes the drive, I use maxblast 5 to prep new drives; then you can do a fresh install or clone it. Be sure your boot order is set to cd>hardrive. Flash drives can sometimes mess up the boot order, and some folks have had issues with installing windows off a flash drive. Install only one drive at a time; older ide drives must have the jumper set to "master", and I wouldn't mix ide with sata until one of them has windows installed. After installing windows, with one ide and one sata, set the ide jumper to "slave" and make the sata the boot up device.

noshit1111

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
ok well i got the cpu up and running now the mobo bios and internal program say my cpu is running at 50o celcius i have the stock processor fan, a 50mm fan in the thermal armor, and a coolmaster case with6 12mm fans ??? how can i cool this .. i put a pea size of liquid silver in the processor too. is the bios and program wrong? the heatsinks arent even hot to the touch

sabertooth p67
2600k i7
dual 8800 gtx
8 gigs kingston
1000w power supply
coolmaster case
dual 750 gig hdd

If the heatsink doesn't burn your finger, then leave it alone. Those i7's run warm; even at 70c under load they will run fine. And some hardware monitor programs may be off on readings some. With the Intel heatsink, you've got a three year warranty; by then, you'll probably want something else.