disable hotkey (combinations) for UT?

Hi,
I play UT99 and have a problem with the windows hotkeys:
windowskey(startmenu) and Alt+spacebar combination.
Pressing windowskey accidentaly minimizes UT (this is a bad thing in a
frantic shootout).
Pressing alt+space ingame freezes UT to show a menu. (also bad)
I have used 2 aplications to solve this problem: "I hate this key"
http://www.bytegems.com/ihatethiskey.shtml and autohotkey (with a special
script to disable alt+space combination.) http://www.autohotkey.com/
Running these apps together seems to wreck my windows after a while
(keyboard stops to function properly and I have to reboot) I suspect its
autohotkey.
Did anyone else encounter this problem and maybe solved it?
I triend to get SecureDesktop or Coldkey http://www.visualautomation.com/
wich probably could solve it.
But its too expensive for me ($195!!).
Any help is appreciated.
Matthijs

I Forgot to mention I run UT on WinXP SP2 and use a logitech internet
navigator keyboard with itouch software.
Matthijs

"Matthijs" <gmkater@chello.nl> schreef in bericht
> Hi,
> I play UT99 and have a problem with the windows hotkeys:
> windowskey(startmenu) and Alt+spacebar combination.
> Pressing windowskey accidentaly minimizes UT (this is a bad thing in a
> frantic shootout).
> Pressing alt+space ingame freezes UT to show a menu. (also bad)
> I have used 2 aplications to solve this problem: "I hate this key"
> http://www.bytegems.com/ihatethiskey.shtml and autohotkey (with a special
> script to disable alt+space combination.) http://www.autohotkey.com/
> Running these apps together seems to wreck my windows after a while
> (keyboard stops to function properly and I have to reboot) I suspect its
> autohotkey.
> Did anyone else encounter this problem and maybe solved it?
> I triend to get SecureDesktop or Coldkey http://www.visualautomation.com/
> wich probably could solve it.
> But its too expensive for me ($195!!).
> Any help is appreciated.

You might find this link intersting.
Solves 50% of the problems (the windows key problem) :)
http://www.shoppalstores.com/ibmmodelm/index.cfm/fa/pages.main/pageID/5

"Matthijs" <gmkater@chello.nl> wrote in message
| Hi,
| I play UT99 and have a problem with the windows hotkeys:
| windowskey(startmenu) and Alt+spacebar combination.
| Pressing windowskey accidentaly minimizes UT (this is a bad thing in
| frantic shootout).
| Pressing alt+space ingame freezes UT to show a menu. (also bad)
| I have used 2 aplications to solve this problem: "I hate this key"
| http://www.bytegems.com/ihatethiskey.shtml and autohotkey (with a
special
| script to disable alt+space combination.) http://www.autohotkey.com/
| Running these apps together seems to wreck my windows after a while
| (keyboard stops to function properly and I have to reboot) I suspect
its
| autohotkey.
| Did anyone else encounter this problem and maybe solved it?
| I triend to get SecureDesktop or Coldkey
http://www.visualautomation.com/
| wich probably could solve it.
| But its too expensive for me ($195!!).
| Any help is appreciated.
| Matthijs

http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/

Remap the keys to something harmless/useful using the above.

--
Best regards,
Kyle

Kylesb wrote:
> "Matthijs" <gmkater@chello.nl> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> I play UT99 and have a problem with the windows hotkeys:
>> windowskey(startmenu) and Alt+spacebar combination.
>> Pressing windowskey accidentaly minimizes UT (this is a bad thing in
>> a frantic shootout).
>> Pressing alt+space ingame freezes UT to show a menu. (also bad)
>> I have used 2 aplications to solve this problem: "I hate this key"
>> http://www.bytegems.com/ihatethiskey.shtml and autohotkey (with a
>> special script to disable alt+space combination.)
>> http://www.autohotkey.com/ Running these apps together seems to
>> wreck my windows after a while (keyboard stops to function properly
>> and I have to reboot) I suspect its autohotkey.
>> Did anyone else encounter this problem and maybe solved it?
>> I triend to get SecureDesktop or Coldkey
> http://www.visualautomation.com/
>> wich probably could solve it.
>> But its too expensive for me ($195!!).
>> Any help is appreciated.
>> Matthijs
>>

> http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/
>
> Remap the keys to something harmless/useful using the above.

Thanks for your help.
I figured out an autohotkey script that works and doesn't disrupt my system.
http://www.autohotkey.com/
Its this:

$!Space::
SetTitleMatchMode, 2
IfWinActive, - Unreal Tournament, , Return
Send, !
return

But thanks anyway!.

Matthijs