disable hotkey (combinations) for UT?

Hi,
I play UT99 and have a problem with the windows hotkeys:
windowskey(startmenu) and Alt+spacebar combination.
Pressing windowskey accidentaly minimizes UT (this is a bad thing in a
frantic shootout).
Pressing alt+space ingame freezes UT to show a menu. (also bad)
I have used 2 aplications to solve this problem: "I hate this key"
http://www.bytegems.com/ihatethiskey.shtml and autohotkey (with a special
script to disable alt+space combination.) http://www.autohotkey.com/
Running these apps together seems to wreck my windows after a while
(keyboard stops to function properly and I have to reboot) I suspect its
autohotkey.
Did anyone else encounter this problem and maybe solved it?
I triend to get SecureDesktop or Coldkey http://www.visualautomation.com/
wich probably could solve it.
But its too expensive for me ($195!!).
Any help is appreciated.
Matthijs
4 answers Last reply
More about disable hotkey combinations

    I Forgot to mention I run UT on WinXP SP2 and use a logitech internet
    navigator keyboard with itouch software.
    Matthijs

    "Matthijs" <gmkater@chello.nl> schreef in bericht
    > Hi,
    > I play UT99 and have a problem with the windows hotkeys:
    > windowskey(startmenu) and Alt+spacebar combination.
    > Pressing windowskey accidentaly minimizes UT (this is a bad thing in a
    > frantic shootout).
    > Pressing alt+space ingame freezes UT to show a menu. (also bad)
    > I have used 2 aplications to solve this problem: "I hate this key"
    > http://www.bytegems.com/ihatethiskey.shtml and autohotkey (with a special
    > script to disable alt+space combination.) http://www.autohotkey.com/
    > Running these apps together seems to wreck my windows after a while
    > (keyboard stops to function properly and I have to reboot) I suspect its
    > autohotkey.
    > Did anyone else encounter this problem and maybe solved it?
    > I triend to get SecureDesktop or Coldkey http://www.visualautomation.com/
    > wich probably could solve it.
    > But its too expensive for me ($195!!).
    > Any help is appreciated.

    You might find this link intersting.
    Solves 50% of the problems (the windows key problem) :-)
    http://www.shoppalstores.com/ibmmodelm/index.cfm/fa/pages.main/pageID/5

    "Matthijs" <gmkater@chello.nl> wrote in message
    | Hi,
    | I play UT99 and have a problem with the windows hotkeys:
    | windowskey(startmenu) and Alt+spacebar combination.
    | Pressing windowskey accidentaly minimizes UT (this is a bad thing in
    | frantic shootout).
    | Pressing alt+space ingame freezes UT to show a menu. (also bad)
    | I have used 2 aplications to solve this problem: "I hate this key"
    | http://www.bytegems.com/ihatethiskey.shtml and autohotkey (with a
    special
    | script to disable alt+space combination.) http://www.autohotkey.com/
    | Running these apps together seems to wreck my windows after a while
    | (keyboard stops to function properly and I have to reboot) I suspect
    its
    | autohotkey.
    | Did anyone else encounter this problem and maybe solved it?
    | I triend to get SecureDesktop or Coldkey
    http://www.visualautomation.com/
    | wich probably could solve it.
    | But its too expensive for me ($195!!).
    | Any help is appreciated.
    | Matthijs

    http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/

    Remap the keys to something harmless/useful using the above.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kyle

    Kylesb wrote:
    > "Matthijs" <gmkater@chello.nl> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >> I play UT99 and have a problem with the windows hotkeys:
    >> windowskey(startmenu) and Alt+spacebar combination.
    >> Pressing windowskey accidentaly minimizes UT (this is a bad thing in
    >> a frantic shootout).
    >> Pressing alt+space ingame freezes UT to show a menu. (also bad)
    >> I have used 2 aplications to solve this problem: "I hate this key"
    >> http://www.bytegems.com/ihatethiskey.shtml and autohotkey (with a
    >> special script to disable alt+space combination.)
    >> http://www.autohotkey.com/ Running these apps together seems to
    >> wreck my windows after a while (keyboard stops to function properly
    >> and I have to reboot) I suspect its autohotkey.
    >> Did anyone else encounter this problem and maybe solved it?
    >> I triend to get SecureDesktop or Coldkey
    > http://www.visualautomation.com/
    >> wich probably could solve it.
    >> But its too expensive for me ($195!!).
    >> Any help is appreciated.
    >> Matthijs
    >>

    > http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/
    >
    > Remap the keys to something harmless/useful using the above.

    Thanks for your help.
    I figured out an autohotkey script that works and doesn't disrupt my system.
    http://www.autohotkey.com/
    Its this:

    $!Space::
    SetTitleMatchMode, 2
    IfWinActive, - Unreal Tournament, , Return
    Send, !
    return

    But thanks anyway!.

    Matthijs