Advice on Sony Vaio A or K series

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
December 5, 2004 9:49:45 AM

Hello All-I'm seeking advice on Sony Vaio A or K series as a home
desktop replacement.Any comments welcome.Thanks TA.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 31, 2004 7:12:41 AM

My girlfriend works a Sony A-Series Laptop (115M) and is pretty
satisfied with it.

As long as you use not extreme Prozessor consuming Programs it uses no
cooling fan and is therefore silent.
The Monitor of the Laptop is a widescreen one and is one of the
closest to Desktop ones (Contrast, sharpness, Colors). The Graphics
card sould be in one row with actual lowprice Desktop ones, therefore
even not too bad for gaming. Unfortunately we have not tried any
actual games so far. (The only better graphic cards available for
laptops are spezial gaming ones which have to have a fan running and
consume as much power as desktop ones)

Fazit: The A Series is a comfortable Desktop replacement as long as
you dont't want to go for hardcore gaming on Lan Parties.

The prize is fair, but also have a close look for the Toshiba Laptops,
they provide even more graphics card memory, a longer uptime on
battery and similar Monitor technology. The Sony A-ones look better
and are more ergonomical though.

My dream machine would be the VGN A295 with 17" screen and 1900 x 1200
WUXGA resolution. You won't get that anywhere else.

!