Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Does ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (V3.0) need VGA card?

Last response: in Motherboards
June 23, 2011 9:28:34 AM

I read ASUS P8P67 Deluxe user manual. In chapter "2.3 Building your computer system". The Graphics Card is an option. Does ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (V3.0) can work without Graphics Card if I use CPU core i3, i5, i7 intergrated GPU? How can it work without VGA card and without VGA or DVI port on mobo?

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
June 23, 2011 10:11:54 AM

The P67 chipset is for those who choose not to use the integrated graphics. A graphics card is NOT an option.

To use the integrated graphics you need a different chipset - H67 or Z68, for example.

Basically, if there are no video outputs on the back panel (VGA/DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort), then you need a graphics card.

Sounds like you may have found an error in the user manual (shock! horror!).
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
June 23, 2011 7:23:46 PM

ldmquyen said:
I read ASUS P8P67 Deluxe user manual. In chapter "2.3 Building your computer system". The Graphics Card is an option. Does ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (V3.0) can work without Graphics Card if I use CPU core i3, i5, i7 intergrated GPU? How can it work without VGA card and without VGA or DVI port on mobo?

If the motherboard is using the H61, H67 or the Z68 chipset usually they support integrated graphics. If its using a P67 chipset like I believe your motherboard does you have to add a VGA card.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
June 23, 2011 7:44:04 PM

Why would you want to get a high-end gaming motherboard without a graphics card, anyway?
m
l
a c 207 Ĉ ASUS
a b U Graphics card
a c 717 V Motherboard
June 23, 2011 7:47:08 PM

Even with the Z68 you have to be careful, many for whetever reasons lack ANY iGPU connections.

Neither the {Z68} ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe or {P67} ASUS P8P67 Deluxe have ANY iGPU connections, and no P67 i.e. none have iGPU. @littleleo pointed-out the several Sandy Bridge chipsets offer iGPU. I'm still trying to figure-out how the ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe lists LucidLogix Virtu when there's no external iGPU...?!

Overclocking:
P67 = NO iGPU

Overclocking and GPU OC:
Z68 = iGPU Most not all, most Gigabyte's do not and other verify.

NO Overclocking:
Q67 = iGPU
H67 = iGPU
H61 = iGPU
m
l
June 27, 2011 11:34:15 AM

Buying Sandy Bridge is waste if I choose ASUS P8P67 Deluxe. Is this right? Because no need iGPU in Core i3, i5, i7 Sandy Bridge.

Who can tell me some more information of Sandy Bridge Core i7? Difference between Core i7 Sandy Bridge and Core i7 previous generation?
m
l
June 27, 2011 11:35:19 AM

Best answer selected by ldmquyen.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
June 27, 2011 11:49:10 AM

ldmquyen said:
Buying Sandy Bridge is waste if I choose ASUS P8P67 Deluxe. Is this right? Because no need iGPU in Core i3, i5, i7 Sandy Bridge.

Who can tell me some more information of Sandy Bridge Core i7? Difference between Core i7 Sandy Bridge and Core i7 previous generation?

No, this is not correct.

The P8P67 Deluxe motherboard can only take Sandy Bridge CPUs.

Every Sandy Bridge CPU contains iGPU circuitry, but you don't have to use it. If you want to use a high-powered graphics card, you probably don't want to use the iGPU.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
June 27, 2011 11:59:24 AM

jaquith said:
Even with the Z68 you have to be careful, many for whetever reasons lack ANY iGPU connections.

Neither the {Z68} ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe or {P67} ASUS P8P67 Deluxe have ANY iGPU connections, and no P67 i.e. none have iGPU. @littleleo pointed-out the several Sandy Bridge chipsets offer iGPU. I'm still trying to figure-out how the ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe lists LucidLogix Virtu when there's no external iGPU...?!

Overclocking:
P67 = NO iGPU

Overclocking and GPU OC:
Z68 = iGPU Most not all, most Gigabyte's do not and other verify.

NO Overclocking:
Q67 = iGPU
H67 = iGPU
H61 = iGPU

Using the Z68 chipset you can use Virtu to use the iGPU circuitry to accelerate things like video encoding, even with the monitor plugged into a separate video card. That's how you can use Virtu even without having any video sockets on the motherboard.
m
l
!