Sign in with
Your question

How to backup 2 ssds in raid 0

Last response: in Storage
November 16, 2012 7:04:49 PM

I have 2 ssds in raid 0 with all of my files programs os etc installed on them in raid 0 format. how is best to backup them up with a single mechanical hard drive (it is large enough to hold the combined data from both ssds and some spare)

Thanks in Advance

More about : backup ssds raid

a c 318 G Storage
November 16, 2012 7:59:28 PM

I would use Ghost 15, True Image, or EaseUS Todo (freeware). My favorite is Ghost but I use all three. First backup the system reserved partition, and then the OS partition.

I attach the HDD either with an external caddy or plug it into my ICYDock MB971SP-B (along with HotSwap! 6 -- a better freeware undocking program than Win 7 uses). Usually the HDD should be unallocated space to do the backup, and it is best to run CCleaner first to empty caches and temp files.
November 16, 2012 9:27:51 PM

so i basically just plug the hdd in as usual, and just use a different backup program from the standard windows one?
Related resources
a c 318 G Storage
November 17, 2012 1:44:16 AM

Yup. Any of those programs will work well. I do recommend that you first clone the SRP though, then the OS partition, and then any other partitions after, seems to work the best.
November 17, 2012 8:39:40 AM

thanks
!