Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Any good SATA III (SATA 6Gb/s) cables on amazon?

Last response: in Storage
November 16, 2012 11:28:18 PM

Hi community,

Recently got a Corsair Force GS SSD weeks ago, but it doesn't come with SATA cables, and my local store don't have any SATA III cables, so I was forced to buy a SATA II cable. Which is not bad. But I kept having a feeling that it's performing a bit slower. Can anyone suggest a good SATA III cable on amazon for under $10? Thanks.
Related resources
a c 99 G Storage
November 17, 2012 12:21:15 AM

Have you tried newegg.com?

I got OK Gear SATA III cables: some right angle, some straight, some round, some flat, lots of different lengths (in cm.)
Score
November 17, 2012 1:28:51 AM

foscooter said:
Have you tried newegg.com?

I got OK Gear SATA III cables: some right angle, some straight, some round, some flat, lots of different lengths (in cm.)

I do like newegg, but I can't use my parent's credit cards. I can only order from amazon due to the fact they have gift cards I can buy.
Score

Best solution

a c 119 G Storage
November 17, 2012 3:14:36 AM

Silverstone is known for quality products and the product description does say that the cable itself has extra protection in the sleeving so I would get this for myself if I were looking to buy a sata3 cable.
a c 124 G Storage
November 17, 2012 4:03:12 AM

ipwn3r456 said:
Hi community,

Recently got a Corsair Force GS SSD weeks ago, but it doesn't come with SATA cables, and my local store don't have any SATA III cables, so I was forced to buy a SATA II cable. Which is not bad. But I kept having a feeling that it's performing a bit slower. Can anyone suggest a good SATA III cable on amazon for under $10? Thanks.

You don't need the SATAIII for your SSD, maximumPC did the test all the cables (SATAII and SATAIII, long or short, but not for the 108 inch one ) are the same.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/your_sata_cab...

But if you want to feel better and go ahead to buy the new one.
Score
November 17, 2012 4:58:29 PM

Best answer selected by ipwn3r456.
Score
!