Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Closed

Can i change the coolermaster V8 led color?

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Cooler Master
  • LED Monitor
  • Components
Last response: in Components
October 30, 2010 1:35:59 PM

Hi I don't know if this threat must be in other section I think this is a mod, anyway.

I wanto to know if I can change the red led on the Coolermaster V8 heatsink, or if I can change all the fan for one with blue led (of course one fan that performe the same or better).

If someone has alredy done this please help me I don't like the look of my blue leds in my case with the red led in the heat sink

Thanks

More about : change coolermaster led color

Best solution

a c 877 ) Power supply
October 30, 2010 2:01:57 PM

I am sure you can not change the color with out changing the fan! It is a std size 120mm x 120mm x 25 mm case fan. Just match the connectors.
a c 105 ) Power supply
October 30, 2010 2:07:42 PM

of course you can :-) just depends on how handy you are with a soldering iron
Moto
Score
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
October 30, 2010 4:58:03 PM

The V8 fan isn't fantastic anyway, so I'm sure you can get a blue LED fan that performs better - Silverstone 120mm Air Penetrators come in blue LED now.
Score
November 2, 2010 3:30:43 PM

thanks to all someone got a video tutorial or something like that?
Score
a c 105 ) Power supply
November 2, 2010 4:06:51 PM

I have a few fans and different coloured lying around, I'll try and see if i can video a led swap but probably wont have time until the weekend, there should be something on youtube though I'd have thought.
As LePhurron says though, plenty of decent blue led fans out there, definately easier option time/effortwise
Moto
Score
November 9, 2010 12:39:29 PM

LePhuronn said:
The V8 fan isn't fantastic anyway, so I'm sure you can get a blue LED fan that performs better - Silverstone 120mm Air Penetrators come in blue LED now.

you're right I found this 120mm fan with blue led, http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=...

has very good air flow and the noise level is low I think this is est than the rifle bundle with the V8 don't you think?
Score
November 12, 2010 12:03:26 AM

Best answer selected by jenkas.
Score
a b ) Power supply
November 12, 2010 10:10:48 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score