Lian Li PC-7B Plus II Case Air Flow Help!

Oneiric Zephyr

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
Hey guys!
I bought this case for its simplistic look and sturdy build a few years back and I love it.

Recently though, I have been upgrading my computer with some newer stuff, namely a core i7 950 and a GTX 460.

I am dabbling in overclocking my i7 and havign a lot of fun, but im wondering if there are other improvements I can do for the airflow in my case.
I also hope to one day add a second card to use SLI.

The case came with 2 120mm fans, one intake on exhaust, and other than that only has the exhaust for the PSU coming out the back.
I am already planning to add a 80mm fan to the top as an exhaust fan.

Is there anything I can do with the huge air vent in the bottom left of the side panel? Can I somehow modify it to put a fan on there to either blow air onto my SLI vid cards?
Or would that be an exhaust fan as well? I remember people saying I wanted more air leaving the case than going into the case(more CFM's leaving the case than there is going into the case.

Also, I wasn't sure if there were some kind of fan I could add to one of the 5.25" bay slots simply to have less stagnant air(I dont even know if something like that would help).

All suggestions are welcome! Thanks in advance for your help!

Oneiric Zephyr

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
Is it easy to use the vent on the side to add an exhaust fan to it? I know it doesn't have the normal holes where I would normally screw in a fan.

As far as temps, I dont have anything that will measure the temp inside the case. My ambient is around 24.4C(76F), and my CPU runs idle at around 36C with no OC(i7 950) and a Cooler Master Hyper 212+.

Is there an easy way to get the temperature reading for inside my case?

You reccomend using the side vent as a 140mm exhaust?

Thanks for your advice!

TRENDING THREADS