@ and " keys transposed

May 28, 2005 11:53:27 PM

After a reinstall of Windows XP, my @ and " keys have been transposed (they
worked fine before). The keyboard is listed as a standard 101/102 key
keyboard, and I can't see any options to change it. Help would be
appreciated!

Thanks

Mr Shed

More about : keys transposed

Anonymous
May 28, 2005 11:53:28 PM

In news:ceednWDdkqewIwXfRVnyvQ@pipex.net,
Mister Shed <nospam@nospamnospamnospamnospam> typed:

> After a reinstall of Windows XP, my @ and " keys have been
> transposed
> (they worked fine before). The keyboard is listed as a
> standard
> 101/102 key keyboard, and I can't see any options to change it.
> Help
> would be appreciated!

You either have a US physical keyboard with a UK keyboard layout
or a UK physical keyboard with a US keyboard layout.

Change the keyboard layout to the correct one in Start | Settings
| Control Panel | Regional and Language Options.

Please reply to the newsgroup
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 11:53:28 PM

Somehow your keys were re-mapped in the Registry. Download "Keytweak"
[http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/] to fix your particular problem
plus remap any other keyboard keys you wish too. Program is free and
simple to use.
Gene K

Mister Shed wrote:
> After a reinstall of Windows XP, my @ and " keys have been transposed (they
> worked fine before). The keyboard is listed as a standard 101/102 key
> keyboard, and I can't see any options to change it. Help would be
> appreciated!
>
> Thanks
>
> Mr Shed

Anonymous
May 29, 2005 12:01:32 AM

Hi

Make sure you have the correct (and same Country) settings on all three tabs
in:

Control Panel>Regional and Language Options

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

!