Your question

IBuyPower- Crashing

Tags:
  • Prebuilt
  • Games
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
August 16, 2010 9:43:37 PM

My computer crashed while playing games even the lowest of video quality games. I have a Nvidia 9500 Zotac(series ZT-95TEK2M-FS) and a intel quad core processor. at first i thought it was the video card so i sent it out and got a new one replaced it but that didnt work it still crashed so i thought it was something to do with the power to the processor and the video card but thats not either. I checked the temps they are just fine and normal. So ive got no idea what is wrong.

When is crashes the screen will go black or become multi-colored and pixilated and makes a loud noice out of my speakers.

Would like help, Thanks in Advance.

More about : ibuypower crashing

August 16, 2010 10:33:48 PM

windows xp ? vista ? 7 ?
I've seen this it is not a power issue
try to remove all drivers (driver sweeper)
then instal the latest.... i have heard of issues with 9500's and windows 7
m
l
August 17, 2010 2:33:30 AM

Sounds to me like your RAM is bad. Run memtest and that'll tell you if thats your problem. And do reinstall your OS it could be a software issue in drivers or elsewhere
m
l
Related resources
August 17, 2010 6:11:48 PM

blob45232 said:
My computer crashed while playing games even the lowest of video quality games. I have a Nvidia 9500 Zotac(series ZT-95TEK2M-FS) and a intel quad core processor. at first i thought it was the video card so i sent it out and got a new one replaced it but that didnt work it still crashed so i thought it was something to do with the power to the processor and the video card but thats not either. I checked the temps they are just fine and normal. So ive got no idea what is wrong.

When is crashes the screen will go black or become multi-colored and pixilated and makes a loud noice out of my speakers.

Would like help, Thanks in Advance.

I have Windows 7, and i tryed reinstalling the drivers after a clean wipe still messed up.
m
l
August 18, 2010 5:51:46 PM

Have you run memtest yet? i'm pretty sure thats where the problem is, your memory.
m
l
August 19, 2010 1:39:38 AM

ordcestus said:
Have you run memtest yet? i'm pretty sure thats where the problem is, your memory.

it wont let me boot memtest it says "This file is invalid for use of the following reasons: Security Catalog."
m
l
August 19, 2010 4:19:55 PM

Well i ran memtest it found nothing so now i just hope it doesnt do it again or im just gonna send it back to ibuypower
m
l
!