Graphics card too hot

Hey everyone I'm new here, so I was hoping you could help me with my grahics card! Yesterday I was playing Half Life 2, and I noticed my computer has become very noisy, so I downloaded Speccy, and saw that my graphic cards temperature was 95 degrees while playing, and 70 degrees idle. I thought it was dust, so I checked, but there is no dust. I also noted that my cpu is hot aswell, but not as hot, its nearly 60 degrees idle and 76 while playing.

PC specs:

Windows Vista 32 bit
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.50Ghz
Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT
Realtek HD Audio.

I hope anyone can help me, and if you need more info just say so.
11 answers Last reply
More about graphics card
  1. Hello and welcome to the forums
    What is your room temperature ? and what's your computer's case ?
  2. My room temperate is 21 degrees, I'm not sure about my computer's case
  3. Well we have to know your PC's case in order to check whether the air flow is enough for not.
    Have you checked your temps before ? if so,then were they still high ?
  4. Check your case for dust, if there is dust, use canned air outside and use bursts of air to clean the dust out
  5. In addition to the type of case, are you using software to monitor fan speed? I use only Nvidia cards and always have to use second party software to regulate fan speed. Usually if you don't the fan won't get past about 30% even when it should be running at 100%.
  6. Nope, I have tried using Rivatuner before, but it only helped with about 8 degrees.

About my PC case, sorry for being such a noob, but how can I see what case it is, and how can I see temperatures?
  7. Don't you have its package ? or is it possible for you to post a picture of it ?
  8. I'm sorry to say that I dont have the package, but it does say SCALOE P if thats any help.
  9. I found a picture. (Not my picture, but its the same PC) http://www.pci-card.com/scaleo-p.gif
  10. The case has the option of adding 2 internal fans. IMO, go buy a couple that will fit. Put one on the front grill as intake, and put exhaust on the back grill. Fans cost about $15 and adding 2 will greatly help with temps.
  11. wolfram23 said:
    The case has the option of adding 2 internal fans. IMO, go buy a couple that will fit. Put one on the front grill as intake, and put exhaust on the back grill. Fans cost about $15 and adding 2 will greatly help with temps.

Okay thanks, I'll do that if nothing else helps
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Graphics Cards Graphics