Is 4,94V a right voltage for +5V line?

harry_hardest

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010
Hi all, first I have to say I don´t know much about electronics.

I have been monitoring my mobo´s voltages with programas like Everest, Speedfan and mainly ASUS Probe II and seen that the +5V line has a value of 4,94V which sometimes rises to 4,97V. FYI, BIOS monitoring says the same data, no devitation.

Is 4,94V a right value for +5V line? Is it normal that this value changes from 4,94V to 4,97V and then returns?
My PSU is a tacens 700w with more-than-enough amperage. I have had no problem with my PC; no rests, no crashs, no hangs. I do not ever overclock either.
Thanks for your help

Thats a perfectly fine number, 5V is a nominal value, but its allowed to fluctuate a fair amount and it will as the amount of load changes. If it drops down to 4.8 or something then you can start being concerned but 4.94 is only about 1% away from 5V which is pretty good.

harry_hardest

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010
Thanks a lot hunter315 and hunter315 for your support

it also normal that with ASUS Probe II the data some times changes from 4,94V to 4,97 V, and 4,94V again?

Software voltage readings are far from accurate, the voltage monitoring chips on the boards arent extremely well documented so all the programs just guess at what they are actually reading, the 4.94-4.97-4.94 may be what your 5V rail is actually doing, or it could just be the software. If you are going to be super concerned about your voltage readings, go get yourself a digital multimeter and check them by hand, thats the only accurate way to do it.