taconacho

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
Hello, I have been trying to setup a 3TB Hard drive as boot drive with a 64GB SSD as cache using the RST caching program. Unfortunately only when I install the OS without RAID enabled can I see the whole 3TB. When I enable RAID so I can install the SSD as cache, it only see 746GB of the drive. Is this possible to do? And if so what am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your responses,

When you enable the raid function and combine the 3 tb with the SSD you are now over the 3 tb drive being a singole drive so the bios may need an update or maybe partition the 3 tb into two drives and use the SSD with one of them and have the second partition as a storage drive. You don't lose any drive space you just make it easier for the raid to be setup. Plus the 64 gb SSD is at the limit of what you can use a SSD for caching purposes.

taconacho

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012

Yes, I know all this. That is why the drive is that size, we need to use the SSD as cache, we can't have it as a boot drive. It works fine with the UEFI BIOS when RAID is not enabled, but when we enable RAID is when we start seeing the issues.