CPU no Sound after installing Graphic Card [Please Help]

windzstriker

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2010
Hi guys,

I just bought a Sapphire HD5750 Vapor X graphic card and a new PSU. I reformat my CPU and installed all the necessary drivers provided by the CD given when I bought the MOBO initially.

All the installations were successful except now my CPU has no sound. :eek:

55576017.png

This is the screen on my device manager.
I notice there is this "ATI Function Driver for High Definition Audio - ATI AA01"
I didn't see this when I had the previous graphic card.

Is this the main problem ?

Sidenote:
I went into BIOs and this is the available options on top:

Main -- Advance -- PCIPnP --- Boot --- Chipset --- T-Series ---

I focus on the "Chipset" tab...

Chipset ---> Onboard Peripherals Configuration ---> Realtek PCIE NIC [Enabled]
--- > Realtek Option ROM [Disable]

Chipset ---> RS780 Configuration ---> Internal Graphics Configuration ---> AMD780 HD Audio [Enabled]

Some of the things that I have tried but to no effects:

1) Install the latest Realtek Audio Driver.
2) Disable the "ATI Function Driver for High Definition Audio - ATI AA01" in device manager.

I connect the sound through the "green" Line Out jack and to my TV.
I really need help over here...Anyone have any suggestions for me to try it out. Many Thanks for those that help me.

Sounds like your default audio has been set to the 5750's audio. Try going into your sound options in control panel and selecting the appropriate output from there. If you're going to an HDTV, you should consider using HDMI which carries both video and audio. Might remove some of the hassle.

windzstriker

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2010
my sound option in control panel only shows Realtek options and nothing else...

erm I am already using HDMI cable to connect my 5750 to my TV, but at the same time using the lime green jack to connect to the jack on my TV as well...

does this caus conflict ??? :eek:

windzstriker

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2010

OMG thx you...

MY CPU HAVE SOUND NOW !!!!!

lol so excited

I was so blur to actually connect the audio cables together with the HDMI cables...I remove the audio cable and also uninstall the Realtek Audio Drivers...

Now my CPU is using the ATI HD Audio =DDD

Awesome, glad I could help.