Custom PC "Case" Questions

packerfans1

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
I was thinking of hanging up PC components on the wall and connecting them. Is this a good idea? I think it would look cool :p
Hang it up like picture frames. What would be the problem(s) with this idea?
Thanks in advance!

Solution
That will work. I guarantee it.
The only problem you will get is that you will have to clean your system very often because of the dust, and...please don't touch the system with your bare hands when it is on...:D
It will be electrifying..literally...:D

BTW : I did that about 10 years ago to save some money from buying a case (as I was still at the university, sope...I have to save every penny I can).
I took a used metal plate for the base, which I found accidentally on the park (yes on the park during late night walk, geez...what the hell are people thinking throwing those junks in the park)...hehehe..painted it, drill some holes for the screws...voila...ready to used...:D
Yes, it will work, and work well. This idea is not new, and is known as "bread boarding". New system builders often do this and test the system before they put things in a case.

Mount the components on a baseboard frame first.

Just make sure that little kids don't have access to the electrical (or any other) components.

That will work. I guarantee it.
The only problem you will get is that you will have to clean your system very often because of the dust, and...please don't touch the system with your bare hands when it is on...:D
It will be electrifying..literally...:D

BTW : I did that about 10 years ago to save some money from buying a case (as I was still at the university, sope...I have to save every penny I can).
I took a used metal plate for the base, which I found accidentally on the park (yes on the park during late night walk, geez...what the hell are people thinking throwing those junks in the park)...hehehe..painted it, drill some holes for the screws...voila...ready to used...:D

Solution