Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Custom PC "Case" Questions

Last response: in Systems
August 17, 2010 2:59:16 AM

I was thinking of hanging up PC components on the wall and connecting them. Is this a good idea? I think it would look cool :p 
Hang it up like picture frames. What would be the problem(s) with this idea?
Thanks in advance!

More about : custom case questions

a b B Homebuilt system
August 17, 2010 3:08:59 AM

I don't see a huge problem with it. Dust might be more of a problem than normal. You might also have problems with heavier components.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 17, 2010 3:12:10 AM

Yes, it will work, and work well. This idea is not new, and is known as "bread boarding". New system builders often do this and test the system before they put things in a case.

Mount the components on a baseboard frame first.

Just make sure that little kids don't have access to the electrical (or any other) components.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
August 17, 2010 1:34:29 PM

That will work. I guarantee it.
The only problem you will get is that you will have to clean your system very often because of the dust, and...please don't touch the system with your bare hands when it is on...:D 
It will be electrifying..literally...:D 

BTW : I did that about 10 years ago to save some money from buying a case (as I was still at the university, sope...I have to save every penny I can).
I took a used metal plate for the base, which I found accidentally on the park (yes on the park during late night walk, geez...what the hell are people thinking throwing those junks in the park)...hehehe..painted it, drill some holes for the screws...voila...ready to used...:D 
August 27, 2010 1:54:47 AM

Best answer selected by packerfans1.
m
l
!