Your question
Closed

Distinguish between ATX and BTX motherboard form factors

Last response: in Components
a c 195 V Motherboard
October 31, 2010 5:29:40 AM

Twoboxer said:
ATX: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATX
BTX: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BTX_(form_factor)

Simply put, if you look at a motherboard from the back-panel side . . . if the expansion slots are on the right, its ATX. If on the left, BTX.

Ah you beat me to it. And a resounding LEARN TO GOOGLE. :kaola: 
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2010 5:30:05 AM

Primary difference is that BTX has the board mounted on the other side of the case, BTX also modifies where many things on the board are located, obvious difference is the location of the memory slots being along the top of the board instead of the front

Edit: Damn it, im typing slow tonight

@twoboxer: that isnt always true, i have seen a few HPs where they mounted the board upside down and on the left side of the case so coming up from floor level its I/O Panel, Expansion slots, power supply, this puts the motherboard on the left but its still an ATX
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2010 5:51:31 AM

hunter315 said:
Primary difference is that BTX has the board mounted on the other side of the case, BTX also modifies where many things on the board are located, obvious difference is the location of the memory slots being along the top of the board instead of the front
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0d/BTXformFactor.JPG/800px-BTXformFactor.JPG

Edit: Damn it, im typing slow tonight

@twoboxer: that isnt always true, i have seen a few HPs where they mounted the board upside down and on the left side of the case so coming up from floor level its I/O Panel, Expansion slots, power supply, this puts the motherboard on the left but its still an ATX

a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2010 6:16:02 AM

If you turn the board upside down, then right becomes left and left becomes right.

What I said is always true because that's what a standard means.
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2010 11:54:21 AM

Twoboxer said:
If you turn the board upside down, then right becomes left and left becomes right.

What I said is always true because that's what a standard means.

This is what you said;

"Simply put, if you look at a motherboard from the back-panel side . . . if the expansion slots are on the right, its ATX. If on the left, BTX."

Looking at an ATX case from the back the MB is on the left, in a reverse ATX/BTX case the MB is on the right, the expansion slots will either be on the top if it's an ATX system or bottom if it's BTX.
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2010 5:26:43 PM

You are looking at the case, not the mobo.
a b V Motherboard
November 1, 2010 12:26:31 PM

Twoboxer said:
You are looking at the case, not the mobo.

Doh !!
Yeah, I saw " back-panel side " and the mind said "case" , sorry.
a b V Motherboard
November 1, 2010 3:50:42 PM

NP, mate. Happens to all of us occasionally.
May 30, 2012 4:48:04 PM

Quote:
HELP ME OUT

Thank you for your help.
a c 195 V Motherboard
May 30, 2012 7:40:16 PM

Mousemonkey was doing such a good job closing old threads. Guess he missed some. This is the second 2 year old thread in 2 days.
a b V Motherboard
May 31, 2012 10:13:33 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!