Please choose: Asus Sabertooth P67 or Asus P8Z68 DELUXE?

tinmann

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Hi, What are you going to use this rig for? Gaming? Do you plan to Crossfire / SLI or Overclock. I looked at the same boards but opted for something that did 3 way for headroom in case I wanted to add a 3rd GPU in the future. I've heard good things about the Sabertooth but the P8z68 has a few more features like Bluetooth, a 3rd Pci-e 2 X16 lane (max. at x4 mode) and Dual Intelligent Processors 2 with DIGI+ VRM Digital Power Design. None of which the Sabertooth has. I'd go with the Deluxe.

testctv

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
I was initially leaning towards the Sabertooth because of its 5 year warranty. Then when I wanted to place my order today something made me look at the P8Z68 Deluxe again - that is why I posted it.

Yes, you have good arguments to go for the deluxe, but I will at most only run 2X cards in crossfire in the next few months and not 3X.

Just as I wanted to confirm pricing and stock on the deluxe to compare to the Sabertooth I was told it's out of stock with no ETA. Sucks :(

Oh well, since I am eventually only gonna run 2X crossfire and since BT is only a "nice" feature (although I have a USB BT dongle), I am not left with much option anymore but to go with the Sabertooth - im sure (hope) its still a great mboard. Also, I noticed that both have the DIGI+ VRM design according to Asus' site, not just the deluxe

asantesoul

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2010
I would suggest the z68 deluxe board...although it carries a slightly higher price tag, it may be worth it...considering that the newest chipset allows for ssd caching among other great features, it also allows you to "future proof" your entire setup..I dont like the words future proofing because such is not necessarily possible, it does give you features that you can utilize well into the future..

I would suggest that once your able to get the p8z68 deluxe you get it quickly..it looks great, has the latest chipset for the 1155 platform, and comes with some nice accessories! You won't lose!

dknightxs

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
i was stuck between
Asus MAxiumus IV Gene-z a Asus P8z80 deluxe and sabertooth.... went for the P8z68 for following reasons

1st Maximus had to be shipped from USA as its not avilable in pakistan (where i live)

2nd Sabertooth lacked in features though it carried a lower price tag

3rd Just look at P68...would look really nice in my Coolermaster Haf 922 case :D with 2x HD6850 and a Coolermaster V10 on it ^^

dknightxs

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011

btw if its avilable in your area id suggest get a maximus IV gene-Z it costs less than deluxe and has kick ass gaming performance