Hi, I ordered the MSI R5770 Hawk for my system but the vendor just emailed me saying that the Hawk is out of stock. I will have to wait a few days or they might be able to replace it with HIS iCooler V H583FN1GD Radeon HD 5830 at the same price.
I don’t know anything about HIS nor the performance of HD 5830. I did plan to overclock the MIS Hawk, so how is the performance of overclocked MSI Hawk compare to the HIS iCooler V H583FN1GD? My power supply is only 500W, is it even capable for this HIS HD 5830? Please help!
Thank you in advance for the answers/comments.
Here is my system:
HP Pavilion p6280t PC
• Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
• Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Quad processor Q8400 [2.66GHz, 4MB L2, 1333MHz FSB]
• 8GB DDR2-800MHz SDRAM [3 DIMMs]
• 640GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive
• Antec Neo Power PSU 500W w/2X 6-pin
Take the HIS 5830 at the Hawk's price.
The Hawk is a interesting card, with top components. They come with a fairly high 850mhz(for the architecture) and gain about 11% max from o/c. From what I've read. The stock 5830 will be more powerful than that.