Sign in with
Your question

Board for i5 2400

Last response: in Motherboards
June 24, 2011 2:31:23 PM

Hello Toms & dear Members .

I Wanted Buy i5 2400 & replace it with my Old Q9400 .

As i researched in ANANDTECH I saw Great Benchmakrs from this CPU , it beats i7 965 Extreme IN all games . I wondered how a Cheap CPU can beat does Monsters . ok I realy Want to Get this CPU & enjoy from its Whole Speed & since its Great CPU i wont OC it . Now i stuck on choosing Mobo .

all i want is : (("""MAX CPU & GPU Performance with no Slow Down & Bottleneck """""" )) , USB3 & Sata3 & I wont Crossfire , I wont USe ONboard VGA Card , ill use 6870 HD , & i wont OC my Hardwares .

When i was Lookig at benchmakrs i saw that even motherboards Offer Differente CPU Performance results . it means if i want max Speed I have to get Topest Motherboard ???? I realy Dont have Much money to spend on Motherboard so i choosed these ones . Which of them are Good for My Use ? i will use Single 6870 , will H67 Boards make a problem ?

ASUS P8P67 , ASUS P8H67-M PRo , MSI H67MA-ED55 , ASUS P8H67

More about : board 2400

a c 1097 V Motherboard
a c 850 à CPUs
June 24, 2011 2:38:23 PM

Being a none K CPU a H67 board is a good choice since you will not be overclocking.
m
l
June 24, 2011 9:06:27 PM

Wont H Boards Limit CPU Stock Speed ? will they limit my hardwares at all

because i realy wanted to grab P8P67 but its little expensive while i can easily Grab H67 Because its Cheaper . but i realy afraid of it because Gamers Dont Use mobos that have Onboard GFX . i just afraid that H67 & Onboard VGA card will make a Trouble & will limit my Hardwares . What do you think ? i realy wont OC i just want MAX SPEED of i5 2400
m
l
Related resources
a c 716 V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
June 24, 2011 9:40:49 PM

The P67 and Z68 offer, to my understanding, +4 CPU levels/speed bins of Turbo Boost above the H67. Admittedly, I'm not an H67 expert. You might want to look at the MSI P67A-G43 (B3) $105 ; CF/SLI for a budget MOBO.

Source right/wrong -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUgBNWtCsnk
m
l
a c 1097 V Motherboard
a c 850 à CPUs
June 24, 2011 10:57:46 PM

The 2400 will reach max speed on the H67 board. P67 or Z68 boards have more features plus they can utilize the unlocked Multiplier on the "K" CPU's!
m
l
a c 716 V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
June 24, 2011 11:33:20 PM

What about the Turbo Boost, I saw that video and it's been stuck in my head ever since. Note the +4 TB on the H67 vs +8 TB on the P67 & Z68. Is Linus wrong??!!

Obviously, ONLY a Sandy Bridge 'K' CPU on either the P67 or Z68 can OC - period.
m
l
June 25, 2011 8:34:12 AM

Since i am Not OC i think P67 is Useless but if its Nativly Offers More performance than H67 Then i gonna Grab it With no Doubt

You know P67 IS Important Part but GD43 !?!?!?! i think GD number should be higher to offer better performance right ? because its CHIP & stronger chip offers better Performance ! P67 is Important or that GD Model in msi Boards ???
m
l
June 25, 2011 8:40:51 AM

OH MAN COME on , ill use 2400 which is not K version . i5 2400 is REALY REALY fast & i dont need to OC it ! SO all i need is a GOOD Motherboard to Handle all Hardwares easily !

Just that ! ALL I NEED IS MAX SPEED ! so iMO its possible if Mobo is Geared with Strong Chip . right ? SO help me to get best & if cheaper mobo will limit my hardwares then i dont need it !
m
l
June 25, 2011 2:38:29 PM

Thanks A lot i probably Gonna Buy H one because they are Realy Cheap , but i dont know if i should wait for IVY BRIDGE or not ?

When they come out ? how much theyll cost ? how much faster will they be ? what will happen to sandybridge Prices ?!?!?
m
l
a c 1097 V Motherboard
a c 850 à CPUs
June 25, 2011 2:41:11 PM

Sandy bridge prices will stay about the same, anything else will be speculation but they will be more expensive than Sandy in general.
m
l
June 25, 2011 2:43:56 PM

sorry to ask this again , MSI P67A-G43 has Great Features But its GD43 . i mean is GD55 Faster or GD 60 Faster than Both ?

OR GD55 or 60 just bringe more features & have nothing to do with speed or performance ?!?!

I need Max Hyper Transport ! for example MSI H67MA-ED55 has 6GT/s HT !

CAN you compare these Mobos ? in all features & specialy Speed & data Transport Speed ?

1.ASUS P8P67 2.ASUS P8H67-M PRo 3.ASUS P8H67 4.MSI H67MA-ED55 5.MSI P67A-G43

Thanks a lot !
m
l
a c 1097 V Motherboard
a c 850 à CPUs
June 25, 2011 3:15:49 PM

There is no speed difference so to speak rather difference in features and expandability!
Not all the boards where available but here is a shot at comparing http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submi...|13-131-705^13-131-705-TS%2C13-131-711^13-131-711-TS%2C13-130-583^13-130-583-TS%2C13-130-570^13-130-570-TS
Bare in mind that it is not the board that is the decisive factor for your computer speed it is mostly the CPU, sufficient ram and fast storage solution.
m
l
a c 716 V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
June 25, 2011 4:01:31 PM

The $190 i5-2400 is a great CPU, and for +$30 $220 i5-2500K IMO is a better option. I 'get' budgets and OC concerns. The new Sandy Bridge has no problems OC, and OC isn't required but it's nice to leave the options open later.

Look at the review numbers, everyone can't be wrong -> http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

The 4-core + 0-Hyper Thread are excellent to Gaming, but if you're running Apps like Adobe Premiere or Photoshop the 4-core + 4 Hyper-Threading is a good benefit.

The temps due to the 32nm lithography are incredibly low in comparisons to prior Intel or for that mater AMD. The CPU longevity with an OC less than 4.5GHz aren't much different than stock and the 'free' performance extends the usefulness of the CPU. Lastly, OC a CPU with an unlocked CPU Ratio {multiplier} is insanely easy and most overclocks of ~4.2GHz don't require a vCore voltage increase depending on the CPU bin and MOBO.

Even the Sandy Bridge i3 are excellent for desktop users.

Q - How cheap of a MOBO are you looking for, the $105 MSI is a damn good price to performance and features.
m
l
a c 716 V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
June 25, 2011 4:08:45 PM

Deltaforce65 said:
...i probably Gonna Buy H one because they are Realy Cheap , but i dont know if i should wait for IVY BRIDGE or not ?

When they come out ? how much theyll cost ? how much faster will they be ? what will happen to sandybridge Prices ?!?!?

When the Ivy Bridge comes out they'll probably be expensive and the Sandy Bridge prices will go down.

If you want the H67 this all seems rather confusing?! Every 2-3 months a 'new' CPU, Chipsets, or whatever will come out. There are logical reasons to update. IF what you've got now works then there's NO reason to upgrade ;) 

The performance differences between apples to apples MOBOs is minimal. What makes a MOBO expensive is it's features: PCIe, Phases, expandability, durability, etc.

IMO - getting a really cheap MOBO is a bad move.
m
l
June 25, 2011 7:59:45 PM

jaquith , WHy there is Performance benchmakrs between Mobos ? if there is no performance difference between mobos ?

Power Phases Means more Power to CPU & other parts !

OK OK , if you were me ! & had ATI 6870 with 4GB dd3 ram & werent Satisfy of your Phenoms 955 BE Heat . & feel that Phenom 955 BE bottlenecks your GPU then what would you do , i bought Cheap aftermarket cooler but , cpu still running at 70C !

I could see that my VGa can work faster with better Intel CPu ! so i decided to Go for i5 2400 to get rid of heat , bottleneck & gain Lot of Speed & fast Data transfer ! my games run fast but i feel they can run much faster if i had i5 2400

Crysis warhead Runs Great 30-40 but i feel that i can Rise it to 40-50 or more with i5 2400 ! youtube showed me Lots of Good Results with Intel+6870 platform !
m
l
a c 716 V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
June 26, 2011 4:34:11 PM

Why benchmark MOBOs - The simplest answer that makes any sense - Spec verses non-spec and where's the performance Hit? Example, if you want an H67 with USB 3 and you compare the performance between 2 H67 MOBOs. The non USB 3 MOBO will out perform the USB 3 H67 - why. Since USB 3 is not part of the H67 natively first you need a controller chip e.g. NEC, second where did the MOBO Mfg tie-in the USB 3 NEC chip, if its on the PCIe then yep the shared bandwidth will affect PCI performance.

Therefore VERY FEW LGA 1155 are 100% spec. So you need to determine where the extra lanes are tapped into and how the overall performance is impacted. Reality, most MOBOs know these tricks all to well so the impact is close to the same or one MOBO does better with one item over another, etc. ;) 

A good example is the GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 if you switch-on the USB 3 Turbo you go from x16/x16 on the NF200 to x8/x8.

See -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGA_1155

GPU Frame rates - what's a true comparison - if someone is running 0xAA on HD and another x8AA on a smaller resolution or ANY VARIETY of detail settings then it's literally impossible to know. You need to see benchmarks from a lab where all of the settings are identical and only changes are the CPU, or in other tests the GPU.

Running you CPU at 70C is not a good idea, and in a long game as I'm certain you know risks a BSOD. IMO if you want to improve FPS add a second GPU.

Q - Since waiting seems to be an option and you're using AMD have you thought about the Bulldozer? I have no confirmed dates but the buzz is mid to late July.
m
l
June 26, 2011 5:29:51 PM

First : I dont know if Bulldozer will be much faster than my Phenom 955 & worthfull Upgarde from my Current CPU , & i am not sure if it will Bottleneck Crossfire or Not !

Second:I Bought Cheap aftermarket Cooler & i dont know if Cooler master Hyper 212+ will save my CPu from heat cause my Current Cooler is not Famous Stuff ! cheap & Unknown !

Third : I heard that Phenom 955 BE bottlenecks 6870 Crossfire setup , My Mobo is Great for Crossfire , no usb 3 , 16x16x , or 8x8x8x8x ! But my CPu is the Problem !

forth: so as you can see Some things can Limit hardwares on mainboard ! like USB3 , & all of my Listed motherboards are USB3 ! So it means all of them will Stop my i5 2400 of being what it realy is ! So now you understand what i was talking about , now List Mobos that Realy wont Bottleneck or Slow down Or Limit my Hardwares ! i surly Wont use USB3 while gaming . hehe ! just choose the best mbo from List or Suggest me better one ! but Not more expensive than p8p67 !
m
l
a c 716 V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
June 26, 2011 7:53:18 PM

What's with all the "!..!..!" I ain't arguing with you.

I'm getting confused here, first you stated "I Wanted Buy i5 2400 & replace it with my Old Q9400" then "Phenoms 955 BE"?? Which is the ONLY reason I even mentioned AMD CPUs.

So, we're getting way off track. Staying on track, my sole concern for you is painting yourself in to a corner with an H67 or ANY single PCIe GPU MOBO. Reason, soon the next 'big game' will come out and your {H67, i5 2400, 1 HD 6870} will drop below the minimum 'playable' frame rates and you'll have nowhere to go that's cost effective. So you'll have a choice to upgrade everything, replace the MOBO .... or the simplest to add another HD 6870 because you got a board that supported Crossfire. Months from now it'll {HD 6870} be less than 1/2 the price -- guessing 3-4 months $90.

Cheap but good, again, MSI P67A-G43 (B3) $105.

m
l
June 27, 2011 8:01:36 AM

Thanks a lot & sorry i add this ! because i got use to it , not because of a bad mean . forgive me my friend ! oh sorry again i forgot to edit my post .

my cpu is phenom 955 Be . I tought my New rig will handle future games , because i cant do such upgrade atleast for 3 years !But i can do small upgrades .

Listen please , i agree that my Mobo can do its Best for Crossfire BUt what about my CPu ?

IT WILL SURLY BOTTLENECK 2 x 6870 Setup ? right ?

Again , forgive me my Friend I realy hadnt mean on adding this ( ! ) . all i need is friend & i realy cant be bad with people who try to help me .
m
l
a c 1097 V Motherboard
a c 850 à CPUs
June 27, 2011 1:23:15 PM

955BE bottlenecking a dual HD6870 is going to be based on monitor resolution. The higher the less bottleneck. On top of that with a good after market cooler the 955 can be overclocked substantially to reduce any potential bottleneck.
m
l
a c 716 V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
June 27, 2011 1:49:44 PM

Yeah, i5-2400 or i5-2500 VS 955BE is no contest, and no doubt the 955BE will cost you significant frame rates in many games.

I'm not suggesting that you don't get a SB or Bulldozer. I've heard via the rumor mill that in some tests the new AMD is better, but nothing conclusive and nothing that I can 'prove'. The 'bottleneck' in SB is very minimal, but improvements with CPU, RAM, PCIe lanes, OC, etc all add 'something' to the FPS.

If you needs are NOW this second get a Sandy Bridge, just know that in the next 1-4 months there will be NEW significantly faster CPU, MOBO, PCIe, etc...
m
l
a c 716 V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
June 27, 2011 1:51:45 PM

@rolli59 - yesterday I really looked and the differences are not small. In 5 sec today I saw this chart, odd but it's in keeping with what I saw before.

m
l
a c 1097 V Motherboard
a c 850 à CPUs
June 27, 2011 2:15:13 PM

I agree with the chart but the higher the resolution for gaming the gap lessens since the games become more GPU bound. There is no question that the Sandy Bridge CPU´s are superior but like I said overclock on the 955 can narrow the gap somewhat and it is all relative to what each user is content with for example 60fps versus 80fps is nothing we see in game play although it is a large measurable difference.
Personally if I already had a 955BE I would still be happy with what I got although there are bigger and better things.
m
l
a c 716 V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
June 27, 2011 3:23:58 PM

You're preaching to the choir, Crashman & I have had massive arguments on 3xHD with 3-WAY SLI/CF (X58 + i7 9xx vs P67 +i7-2600K); I agree and I 'get it'. After the dust settled I was proven correct, but only after he called my a Troll - it was nasty I quit posting for a few weeks. I still am pi$$ed whenever I think of it...

However, these wen't small number like 5~10FPS, it's more like 20~40FPS on HD69xx and you can LN2 the 955BE and it still won't matter - it's significant. Google yourself, I don't have the desire to throw another 20 mins of proof here.

Found this in 10 secs:
m
l
June 27, 2011 3:27:36 PM

My Res is 1440x900 i cant replace my Monitor ! sorry but no Go ! & second i have too many heat problems with Phenom 955 BE @ stock! I wont OC it I will try to cool it down ,

yesterday when i ran FEAR 3 My Twinfrozer 6870 went to 85 C !!!!!!! WHy my hardwares run that Hot ? my Room was Cool ! My case is gaming ! so what the Hell !

I think i will wait for Bulldozer ! but amd always had this Heat & Bottlenecking problem , intel stood On top always !

I dont know if Ivy Bridge will have Suitable price ! all i need is to Solve this Little Slow downs ! i dont get lag just a simple slow down & it Little bit Hurts me !

For example I played Splinter Cell Convection & in Some Level when i look at far distance game Gets Little Slower for No reason !

I think i5 2400 Will save Me from this little slow downs ! & i am sure that CPU like i5 2400 which Beats i7 965 Extreme , Wont Need Upgrade for atleast 4 years !

i5 2400 @ stock still Very great & fast CPu for Gaming ! doesnt mater if new CPu will come out , if it Wont Bottleneck if it Will bring no slow down , if its High End & no game Runs slow on it then ... !
m
l
a c 1097 V Motherboard
a c 850 à CPUs
June 27, 2011 3:37:44 PM

Deltaforce65 said:
My Res is 1440x900 i cant replace my Monitor ! sorry but no Go ! & second i have too many heat problems with Phenom 955 BE @ stock! I wont OC it I will try to cool it down ,

yesterday when i ran FEAR 3 My Twinfrozer 6870 went to 85 C !!!!!!! WHy my hardwares run that Hot ? my Room was Cool ! My case is gaming ! so what the Hell !

I think i will wait for Bulldozer ! but amd always had this Heat & Bottlenecking problem , intel stood On top always !

I dont know if Ivy Bridge will have Suitable price ! all i need is to Solve this Little Slow downs ! i dont get lag just a simple slow down & it Little bit Hurts me !

For example I played Splinter Cell Convection & in Some Level when i look at far distance game Gets Little Slower for No reason !

I think i5 2400 Will save Me from this little slow downs ! & i am sure that CPU like i5 2400 which Beats i7 965 Extreme , Wont Need Upgrade for atleast 4 years !

i5 2400 @ stock still Very great & fast CPu for Gaming ! doesnt mater if new CPu will come out , if it Wont Bottleneck if it Will bring no slow down , if its High End & no game Runs slow on it then ... !

At your resolution the I5 is a definite winner what ever high power GPU you pair it with!
m
l
a c 716 V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
June 27, 2011 3:47:07 PM

There are 2 big limitations to Gaming: Heat and Hardware Limitations.

The current SB is a small bottleneck to your GPU.

As far as heat, if both your CPU & GPU are running hot with cool ~75-78F (25C) ambient {room} Temperatures my first and most obvious thought is very poor case airflow. You need to have a slight negative pressure inside your case and with cool air being drawn from the front/bottom and exhausted rear/top. Negative pressure - more air blowing out than into the case. Try pulling the side panel off and if necessary adding a room fan and compare temps - if it more than 2~5C then that's your problem. Next is the fan speeds off your HSF.

Problem with Twinfrozer design it throws a lot of hot air into the case and doesn't blow the hot air out the rear like most 'spec' GPUs.
m
l
June 27, 2011 7:11:21 PM

You mean if i Solve the heat problem i will gain more performanc e?
m
l
a c 716 V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
June 27, 2011 7:16:03 PM

Some performance gains, but mainly stability is gained. If you're running too hot then ANY OC of either the CPU or GPU(s) is impossible. ;) 
m
l
June 27, 2011 7:22:28 PM

I hadnt Plan of OC . now tell me Will i5 2400 get me what i want ? will it make 30 Fps running parts to 40FPS or more ?
m
l
a c 716 V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
June 27, 2011 8:11:12 PM

AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor 3.40GHz -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moczClmoJVs

withFraps: 52-46 Fps
withoutFraps: 50 Fps Fixed

Benchmarks:
Max: 52 Fps
Min: 46 Fps
Avg: 50 Fps

SAPPHIRE HD 6870

I tried to find solid benchmarks for an i5-2400, HD 6870, running F.E.A.R. 3. You'll need to Google and go through a ton of erroneous results to 100% verify, based upon ALL of the other results subjectively I'm certain it'll be a solid improvement -- I don't quantify without confirmed benches...
m
l
June 28, 2011 5:51:19 AM

WHo said i have problem with fear 3? my fear is running VERY VERY fast !

Hey i Solve the Heat i think , i brought up the Case & put it on the Table & temps are like this ! CPU hardly Hit 60C . but VGA hits 70 Only When i play fear 3 . it runs 60-65 on crysis & other games .

& in normal condition & multitasking & ... it runs @ 35-40 . I realy dont Know how to Describe . My previous System had lots of Problem Now i was expecting 100% performance from this Rig , but now i feel its 95% . I mean all of my Games Run fine @ max Setings i dont get lag , they can run only slow ! Last night i ran Crysis Warhead & i saw that Some parts of First level lags ! ( freez for loading somethings ) , OH I Feel that i have Wrong CPU for my Purpose . Maybe i5 2400 Would Solve does little Problems , freezings , slow game plays . Fardistance lag problem .

If you put this rig to a new gamer he would Enjoy it so Much , but for me , I am experienced in these games & i can easily See when it slows down or lags or runs like 30FPS !!!
m
l
June 28, 2011 5:55:32 AM

I THINK I Better wait for Bulldozer . I wont touch my 6870 ( but i already know that i could get 6950 for same price )( so BAD )!

if bulldozer had Same Suitable price as all AMD CPUS had & was better than Sandy or had good benches & no heat problem then i will buy it . otherwise Sandy will be best option .

But you guys should Confirm that i5 2400 will atleast add 10 FPS to my SLow running Games . Crysis Warhead runs like Crazy . fps are like this : 30,50,45,34,25,60,30,35 . i tried DX 9 too , sma eagain low setings .still same
m
l
June 28, 2011 2:36:57 PM

Deltaforce65 said:

The bigger the draw distances on screen the more graphics there are to process thus making it harder for your hardware to do it. With pretty much any game, if you look close up at a wall say, your FPS should go up and then down when you look away.

I'm soon going to upgrade to a i5 2500k from a Q6600 @3.5, but not just for the cpu, also for the whole performance upgrade of ddr3, mobo and getting ready to crossfire down the road.

One question some may be able to answer though, when looking for a cpu I saw one labeled "2500k0"? Does the 0 signify anything?
m
l
a c 716 V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
June 28, 2011 2:51:30 PM

Where did you see "2500k0"? The only slim possibility is it's an OEM version without a stock HSF or a typo.
m
l
June 28, 2011 6:38:26 PM

What ? Its funny , First of All , dont you believe that 6870 is too powerfull for games like Convection , i ran FEAR 3 , GTA IV & Other heavy games & i had no problem ! but Splinter Cell . i am in room & i should protect the PC from Those Bad Guys & thats when my game runs slow , but why ? no far distance , no heavy Scene . i ran heavier levels than that in free game( deniable Ops ) & even Faster ! SO why is that Damn Slowdown Present for No reason ?

If you come & sit only 1 Mintue behind my Pc you will understand what my problem is ! You believe that this Part should Run @ 60 Fps , from your experment & from Info that you have from Vga you Understand that this Part has Nothing Particular to cause Lag or Slow down , but you get Shocked when you see your game running @ 25 FPS !

I Tought ATi 6870 is Great Card , AMD it self suggested it for Hardcore gaming , but i ran it Maxedout with Only 1440x900 Res but WHy some time it should lag ( even when i dont Look far away ) Dont you think only Answer is Bottleneck from Unknowen Place ?

I ran Convection iraq Part Much faster than the part that you should protect that Table PC from Guys Who try to stop you & coming for Elevator & other places !!!
m
l
June 29, 2011 1:41:09 PM

jaquith said:
Where did you see "2500k0"? The only slim possibility is it's an OEM version without a stock HSF or a typo.

It was on a website so probably just a typo.

Deltaforce65 said:
What ? Its funny , First of All , dont you believe that 6870 is too powerfull for games like Convection , i ran FEAR 3 , GTA IV & Other heavy games & i had no problem ! but Splinter Cell . i am in room & i should protect the PC from Those Bad Guys & thats when my game runs slow , but why ? no far distance , no heavy Scene . i ran heavier levels than that in free game( deniable Ops ) & even Faster ! SO why is that Damn Slowdown Present for No reason ?

If you come & sit only 1 Mintue behind my Pc you will understand what my problem is ! You believe that this Part should Run @ 60 Fps , from your experment & from Info that you have from Vga you Understand that this Part has Nothing Particular to cause Lag or Slow down , but you get Shocked when you see your game running @ 25 FPS !

I Tought ATi 6870 is Great Card , AMD it self suggested it for Hardcore gaming , but i ran it Maxedout with Only 1440x900 Res but WHy some time it should lag ( even when i dont Look far away ) Dont you think only Answer is Bottleneck from Unknowen Place ?

I ran Convection iraq Part Much faster than the part that you should protect that Table PC from Guys Who try to stop you & coming for Elevator & other places !!!

As you didn't state how much slow down you were experiencing I thought it wasn't as bad as described above. The slow down could be due to cpu demand and that could be a bottleneck that's causing the problem.
On the other hand, the way in which your gpu process rendering info is all down to the drivers it's using. Some games run better on certain cards or brands because of this rather than their "power".
So I if you only really get it while playing conviction then I'd say there's a good chance the ATI drivers aren't fully optimized in some way and the slow down is the result. I experienced this a lot when I had a 4870x2 because there was the added aspect of utilizing both gpu's, which caused a lot of games to perform unpredictably untill the drivers were updated.
Are you updating to the latest drivers regularly? If not and you have Steam, there is a built in function to check and update ATI drivers.
m
l
June 29, 2011 6:52:33 PM

Yes i always Update my Drivers , im currently using 11.6 ! But you know slow down , i mean game is fast but in that condition game goes to 25 FPS , so it can be slow down ! 25fps is not Playable option !

as i said before , convection has heavy Graphic Rendering part & its Iraq Level which runs realy fast ! but can you remember the level that you have to kill that Black Terrorist with EMP power or smoething & beofre that you should Protect the PC table from guys who try to stop it , it has nothign heavy , but game goes slow , its only fast when i look at walls or very close distance !

I dont know some game are Bad for nvidia & some are bad ATi & intel & amd too ,. so what can we finally get & but away if VGa is strong then its strong so why a Little DRIVER should limit it , if VGA has the power to render that part then it can ! this damn limitations & bottlenecks wont finally let us o enjoy these games !
m
l
June 29, 2011 6:56:30 PM

Games i have problem are :

Crysis warhead : it runs great on max setings only problem is that some times when i try to look around or Move or do something game Freezes for a sec ! but away too much far Distance make g\my game runs at 25-30 Fps !!!

Saints row 2 too ( even at LowesT setings ) , convection
there is no other game but these , But as much as i remember , i expected 100% performance but i feel that heavy games ( no matter how fast they run ) some times they make problesm & that makes me to worry about my Decision on choosing my Rig ! like crysis that runs fast + freezing & oh... !
m
l
!