6 monitors on 2 5450's

firebird

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2004
I have 2 ATI HD 5450 cards on a WinXP machine and I'm trying to use all 3 ports on each card, but it doesn't seem to work.

The cards have (1) HDMI, (1) DVI, and (1) VGA each.

I currently have (1) HDMI and (1) DVI/VGA used on each and it works fine, but CCC will not let me add the 3rd display to the configuration unless I swap an enabled display out.

So, is this a CCC limitation in XP? It seems that 2 desktops is the max.

firebird

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2004
I thought the display port was needed on cards that had 2 DVI ports because of the TDMS signal.

Does VGA use the same signal?

Since the card has no display port output, why would one be required? None of the displays (mix of TVs and monitors) have display port so if that's needed it may be out of the question.

It is up to the manufacturer to design a card that can take advantage of Eyefinite. The following is from AMD's website:

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/ati-radeon-hd-5000/hd-5450-overview/Pages/hd-5450-overview.aspx

ATI Eyefinity Technology can support up to 3 displays using a single enabled ATI Radeon™ graphics card – the number of displays may vary by board design and you should confirm exact specifications with the applicable manufacturer before purchase. ATI Eyefinity technology works with games that support non-standard aspect ratios, which is required for panning across multiple displays. To enable more than two displays, additional panels with native DisplayPort™ connectors, and/or certified DisplayPort™ adapters to convert your monitor’s native input to your cards DisplayPort™ or Mini-DisplayPort™ connector(s), are required. Digital management rights restrictions may apply.

While your HD 5450 has a Displayport, the implementation of it does not seem to meet Eyefinity specifications.

Have you tried installing the most recent drivers.