Sign in with
Your question

Can i get the most out of this SSD

Last response: in Storage
November 18, 2012 7:00:54 AM

so someone told me i shouldn't get this ssd because my computer wont get the most out of it. are the correct if so why? and any recommendations?
SanDisk Extreme Solid State Drive 120GB
motherboard:ASUS P8Z77-V PRO Motherboard
cpu:Intel Core i5 3570k
ram: G.Skill Ares F3-2133C9D-8GAB 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3
cheers guys :) 

More about : ssd

a b G Storage
November 18, 2012 7:17:42 AM

No idea what they are talking about, even if you didn't get the full benefit the improvement a SSD vs no SSD is tremedous. Are there better SSD's, yes, are there better system's to install a SSD in, yes, but neither of these should you back from an an SSD, properly installed and configured.
November 18, 2012 7:28:01 AM

abbadon_34 said:
No idea what they are talking about, even if you didn't get the full benefit the improvement a SSD vs no SSD is tremedous. Are there better SSD's, yes, are there better system's to install a SSD in, yes, but neither of these should you back from an an SSD, properly installed and configured.

would say an intel ssd with lowere read/write specs be better than this one?
Related resources
November 18, 2012 7:44:51 AM

Did they explain why they don't think you'll get benefit from it? It seems like you have 2 sata 6gb/s ports...
November 18, 2012 7:57:50 AM

cbag said:
Did they explain why they don't think you'll get benefit from it? It seems like you have 2 sata 6gb/s ports...

Na they didn't and i couldn't find any reasoning behind it which is why i asked the question
a b G Storage
November 18, 2012 9:36:32 AM

i take it this isn't a real person but internet someone....

intel had the ssd market 3 years ago hands down and milked every penny out of it. now it's just one of the crowd. ALOT has changed since then...

Tom's Best SSD for the Money
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ssd-recommendation-...

Even their latest offering is nothing to speak of, just crippling as if it was one of their locked/unclocked cpus
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ssd-335-240-gb-benc...
!