kdad92

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
hi all, thanx for all the help u guys/gals gave me on my system. i am set on my build and just waiting on a little more overtime. lol i should be beginning my build my month's end. i have one more question for the community.

does anybody have an opinion on a comfortable chair. i've been researching good quality chairs. i play world of warcraft alot. i am 36 and have made a lot of friends online. found an over 30 guild and spend a lot of time doing achievements with friends. i can spend 6-7 hours at a time playing wow...Nobody say it :) . wow is virtual crack!!!! but i do have a blast just spending time with people my own age enjoying the same things i do. Anyway, back to the point. i had no idea computer chairs could be so expensive. Herman miller, the rolls royce of computer chairs are like 1000 dollars. *** me!!! $1000 for a chair? but the more research i do, the more i realize that u should invest in a good chair. but $1000 dllars? lol...
I i did find a chair ....The ERGOHUMAN Chair...anybody heard of it? seen it on amazon for 600 bucks....looks comfy and ergonomic...any advice on chairs?...All comments appreciated....thx

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
I'd say for a chair you'll need an I5 750 with at least 4 gig of... oh wait, sorry let me get out of computer mode.

I just have a standard office chair and i'm happy with it so i have never really looked into it any more than that.

MockingbirdUK

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2008
Chairs are (almost) entirely personal.

Go to a local office supply place and try out some, see what feels comfy to you. Office chairs of a reasonable price are designed specifically to be comfy to use for long periods. Don't go too budget, and don't go to a 'fashion' furniture place - functional is better for these uses.

Things that help:
- Breathable material (unless you like sweating on a plastic seat)
- Adjustable height, armrests (if present), tilt, swivel, lumbar (lower back) support (very important for longer sessions)
- Fits you, fits the space, fits the budget

My work one has an inflatable pouch in the base of the back to give adjustable lumbar support and is very comfy to use for long periods.

kdad92

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010

meh, i understand completely, that spending 600 bucks on a chair will have a lot of people saying " MAN THIS GUY IS NUTZ!!! " but i wanna reach out to u guys/gals who spend 6-8 hours aday in front of a computer for advice. whether at work or at play. i walk all day at work, i wanna come home and relax. i love video games and wanna get some advice on a comfy chair to make my experience that much better. TRUST ME, spending more than a hundred buck on a chair struck me as crazy at first. until someone compared my pc chair to a good pair of shoes. we have to take care of our feet. so if any body understands where i'm coming from, please help me out.

bev_hepcroft

Honorable
May 21, 2013
Investing in a really good chair can be very worth your money - you'll be spending a lot of time in it! I entirely second MockingbirdUK's answer that testing out chairs is a great idea as well. If you're looking for alternatives to the ERGOHUMAN, you can research some other [url="http://www.beverlyhillschairs.com/seating]chairs[/url] as well and see if there are any places near you that carry them so you can test them out.