Intel Extreme Motherboards

jmills204

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011
Hey guys,
I was wondering if any of you guys had any experience with intel's relatively new line of 1155 P67 Extreme Motherboards. I'm purchasing an i7 2600k and am looking into one of their "extreme" motherboards:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813121511&cm_re=intel_dp67-_-13-121-511-_-Product

Unfortunately there are only 4 reviews on newegg and I can't seem to find much else on it. My question, should I buy it? I'm aware it is not z68, but I have a fermi GTX 470 and 2 OCZ vertex's in RAID 0 so I really don't need integrated graphics nor SSD caching.

Thanks in advance for your opinions/tips.

Solution

they say, Intel engineers, that the cpu will work more faster than on other motherboards brand...
for instance...

fall0ut3

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011

they say, Intel engineers, that the cpu will work more faster than on other motherboards brand...
for instance, on gigabyte, asus, asrock etc'... it'll work fine, but with the Intel mobo it'll work fine+...
but still there is mobo's that greater than the Intel's mobo, i highly recommend u to wait till some more reviews will show up, or to wait till a better version will come out!
bottom line,
buying this mobo could be waste of money! if u r enthusiastic PC gamer, i recommend on buying other mobo's that offer better features!
btw, the mobo only have 2 PCI Express 2.0 slots available...i recommend on 3 or higher,but still like i said before, depends if ur enthusiastic pc gamer that looks for the best quality...

Solution

jmills204

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011
Thanks for the response fallout.

I do consider myself an "enthusiast", but I wouldnt need more than 2 pci-e 2.0 slots available. I will probably go SLI in the near future, but never 3 cards nor physX accelerator. As far as features, this intel mobo might not have anything extremely flashy but it does have as good specs as all those gigabyte/asus/msi boards that are below $230ish.