Sign in with
Your question

How much should i sell my Homebuilt PC for?

Last response: in Systems
August 17, 2010 3:04:22 PM

hello, i am a Huge Apple fanatic, and i have found out i cannot stick with windows 7 any further, and must buy my first ever mac. i have installed Mac OSX Snow Leo onto my PC (OSX86) and have found, even despite, my whole PC running mac with Homemade written drivers, it was less buggier then windows, and believe it or not, faster, with out the fuss of Dead annoying Antivirus eating files and Blue screens that pop up telling you there's a problem with windows. i want to sell up and buy a portable mac (a macbook) since, even though OSX86 is running good, it's still a bit buggy in that the DVD drive doesn't work and my graphics card is some how limited to 64MB of ram.

here's my specs:

GigaByte GA-M61PME-S2 Motherboard
2GB of DDR2 Kingston RAM
AMD Athlon 2.7GHz Black Edition CPU
PNY Nvidia 9800GT GPU (512MB)
Belking G+ wifi Card
550 Watts HEC PSU (Non modular)
7200RPM SeaGate 500GB HDD
Multiple card reader (SD,Pro Duo,CF and even Smart Media card)

all inside a Raidmax Smildon Case, which will be replaced by a CM Storm Scout PC case, with Custom BOIS LOGO's and Wallpaper's

also i would Obviously Reinstall Windows 7 Ultimate.

thanks for any answers. i Very Much Doubt that i can reach £800 for a MACBOOK,

More about : sell homebuilt

a b B Homebuilt system
August 17, 2010 3:11:57 PM

*sign* Win 7 can work smoothly and fast, just takes some tinkering and maintenance.

You setup sells for $300-$350 as a whole, though the case is probably the part thats worth the most.

Parting it out, you may get up to $400.

Anyhow, good luck on the switch.
August 17, 2010 3:17:51 PM

If you want an OSX tpye OS that doesn't require an overpriced computer, get Ubuntu. Apple stole the UNIX platform a while back, and now OSX is just Linux with pretty makeup. You also might find the freedom of open source refreshing. No one to sue you for just having software.

Or you could spend $1k minimum and get the equivalent of a $500 PC...
a b B Homebuilt system
August 17, 2010 3:21:19 PM

thesupermedium said:
If you want an OSX tpye OS that doesn't require an overpriced computer, get Ubuntu. Apple stole the UNIX platform a while back, and now OSX is just Linux with pretty makeup. You also might find the freedom of open source refreshing. No one to sue you for just having software.

Or you could spend $1k minimum and get the equivalent of a $500 PC...

Yeah, but I think not for him.
As easy Ubuntu seems, its pretty annoying at times, and with terminal work involving typing the word "sudo" a hundred times makes you want to go :pt1cable: .
!