IPad or aPad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaccheo

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2010
I want to buy an iPad,a freind of mine recommended me to buy aPad,It is similar to iPad but the price is much lower.
Which one should I buy,iPad or aPad?

Solution
^ Well said ^ and yes this is the wrong section to ask this, but unless you really have the need to have a portable device like an iPad to use in your daily life, not just to show off or say I have one, they are luxury items and only should be bought if you have ALOT of $$$ laying around to burn. Stick with a PC or Laptop for that matter.

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
^ Well said ^ and yes this is the wrong section to ask this, but unless you really have the need to have a portable device like an iPad to use in your daily life, not just to show off or say I have one, they are luxury items and only should be bought if you have ALOT of $$$ laying around to burn. Stick with a PC or Laptop for that matter.

Solution

AMW1011

Distinguished
If you want a good tablet, I recommend Android.

The best tablets for the money are the Archos 70 and 101:

http://www.archos.com/products/ta/archos_70it/index.html?country=us&lang=en
http://www.archos.com/products/ta/archos_101it/index.html?country=us&lang=en

A lot of people may hate tablets, but they ARE very useful. When I'm mobile I like to browse the internet via my home computer over WiFi on Archos 5 It. It works great, and with a good connection I can even watch Hulu (Windows 7 only though, XP won't work). The newer tablets I listed above will be getting Android 2.2, which means they will have flash and I won't have to use my home computer for web browsing, but instead just use it for mobile writing with my fold-able keyboard. :D

I guess thats all useless and can be done by a laptop, but a laptop doesn't fit in my pocket and does have 10+ hours of battery life. :D

zaccheo

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2010

but a laptop doesn't fit in my pocket and does have 10+ hours of battery life
this point is important
how about Archos 70 compared to aPad above

AMW1011

Distinguished

First of all its a Shanzhai tablet, which means its a cheap chinese device. It won't get much support, meaning bugs and glitches may never be fixed.

It also runs a much slower version of Android, 1.6, and will never get full flash support. To make matters worse, its tiny RAM and extremely slow CPU will make it almost useless. This is all assuming the touch screen will be anything decent, which it will likely be a really poor resistive touch screen.

All in all, its pretty useless.

As for a laptop with 10+ hours of battery life, no laptop can yet do 10 hours of continuous use, where as these Archos devices can do 10 hours of continuous web browsing.

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Thanks for the best answer, I just try to look at things in a logical and practical manner.

Even if those pads AMW1011 refers to are nice and handy web surfers, the cost is at a premium. I think that the best route for a product like this that allows more fredom/features/uses IMHO are definitely netbooks or laptops. I cannot comment on battery life as I do not own any of those products myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.