emperor piehead

Honorable
Jul 8, 2012
I built my first computer in the summer and have a m4 crucial ssd. Today i tried to turn my computer and it could not detect it. I tried different sata power, sata ports & sata cables. when i used the same plugs on my HDD it worked. The worse i used for was a couple steam games & that is it. I want to know if it is totally dead and can i get my money back or a new SSD because 4 monthes is a really short time to die.

Thanks to all who can help
P.S. does anyone know how to split steam games between two hard drives?

Solution
When you first built the computer and installed the SSD DID YOU ENABLE ahci mode in the bios ? I would go into the gios and make sure that it's still in AHCI mode because sometimes an event can make changes to the bios and if the sata mode slipped out of AHCI mode then the bios will nort see the SSD.
When you first built the computer and installed the SSD DID YOU ENABLE ahci mode in the bios ? I would go into the gios and make sure that it's still in AHCI mode because sometimes an event can make changes to the bios and if the sata mode slipped out of AHCI mode then the bios will nort see the SSD.

Solution

emperor piehead

Honorable
Jul 8, 2012

I know that you wouldn't know where that would be in bios but can you give me a general direction. I have an asrock z77 professional motherboard and there is no real table in the book to help me find it.

TRENDING THREADS