Setting up two RAID arrays on Asus P8-Z68 Delux Gen3

KtheC

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012
Hello,
I've set up two SSDs in RAID 0 on my Asus P8-Z68 and it works great, I mean super great. Now I'd like to set up a second RAID 10 with four drives for storage. Is this even possible? I've researched this a bit and might need a controller card, but I'd like to use the on board SATA conections. Any advice before I buy the four additional drives?

That's a lot of storage ,I agree that with a raid you get better speed and to have the OS on a raid would be great performance wise but I don't see the benefit of the storage being in raid. I would want a secure stable setup for things that I want to store and I don't consider a raid to be that, That's just my opinion and what I would do with my computer, in your case since it's your computer you are certianly entitled to do what you want.
I do think that even if it not neccessary I would go with a controller card for the raid 10 setup and the reason is that the seperate card may be more secure and come with software that can enhance the use and stability of the raid 10. It might be a little more expensive to do it that way but I think it would be worth it.

KtheC

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012
Thanks for the reply. I have external back up and plan to use the RAID 10 as a media server. I guess my question is more about the motherboard being able to recognize two arrays.