Zotac gts 250

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Zotac
  • Crysis
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
July 13, 2010 10:35:36 AM

hello sir i am struck in a very strange situation i recently bought a zotac geforce gts 250 eco edition 1 gb.But i noticed a strange problem it is giving very low fps in crysis,crysis warhead and many other games.For eg in crysis all settings medium and at a resolution of 1024*768 i barely get 24 fps.I have a cooler master xtreme power plus 460 w which has only 1 pcie*6 pin connector and my gts 250 requires a 8 pin connector.So i used an adapter given by zotac which 8 pin to 2 6 pin connector.So i connected 1 pcie *6 pin into 1 of the 6pin pcie adapter and 1 pcie *6 pin was left.So for this i used a 2*4pin molex connector to 6 pin pcie.Now i connected it's 6pin pcie into zotac's adapter.So i think it may a power shrtage problem.the idle temperature of gfx card is 70 c.Please help me.My system config. are
Intel dual core e2160
1 gb ram ddr2
160 gb hdd
Zotac gts 250 eco edition
Cooler master extreme power plus 460 w

More about : zotac gts 250

a c 197 U Graphics card
July 13, 2010 10:52:21 AM

Your CPU, what speed? You must OC it to above 2.5Ghz.
RAM? only 1GB? Get another 1GB and run it on dual channel mode.
m
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
July 13, 2010 11:01:13 AM

Here are the problems:

1. PSU
You need to rectify the 8-pin requirement. I'm not very comfortable with the 6-pin adapter theory. If it needs an 8-pin connector, give it 8-pins! No point risking your card getting fried.

2. RAM
1 gig of RAM isn't enough for Crysis. Get yourself 2 gigs on DDR3 instead of DDR2

3. CPU
Too low buddy....consider upgrading that, at least to a Core2Quad@2.4

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but its the truth. :) 
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
July 13, 2010 12:11:25 PM

Might want to add a better case to that list if your card is idling at 70 degrees too. Clearly theres airflow issues in the case to consider.

That system as a whole is wholly insufficient to play crysis, my machine (sig) is challenged by crysis and (no offence) it flattens your specs by miles.

If you're seriously in the market for playing modern games i'd suggest a new build completely, maybe keep the Zotac if you want.

Again, not what you want to hear, but if you choose to start a new build, we'll give you a hand picking parts.
m
l
July 13, 2010 1:23:35 PM

namelessonez said:
Here are the problems:

1. PSU
You need to rectify the 8-pin requirement. I'm not very comfortable with the 6-pin adapter theory. If it needs an 8-pin connector, give it 8-pins! No point risking your card getting fried.

2. RAM
1 gig of RAM isn't enough for Crysis. Get yourself 2 gigs on DDR3 instead of DDR2

3. CPU
Too low buddy....consider upgrading that, at least to a Core2Quad@2.4

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but its the truth. :) 

thank you for replying.Also my in my adapter(2*4 molex to 6 pin pcie)the 6 pin pcie has 6 columns in which 1 mettalic pin is missing.Do u think that may be the problem
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 13, 2010 1:49:01 PM

Yes! And I would urge you NOT to use it. The missing pin could fry the card. It could also be the reason why the card isn't drawing the requisite power. Changing the adapter 'may' rectify the issue but I would still advise against it.
m
l
July 13, 2010 4:24:32 PM

thank you but the 3d mark vantage score is too low i.e 4225 whereas i have seen on net people getting 6000 gpu score
m
l
July 13, 2010 4:25:40 PM

Best answer selected by heroishant.
m
l
July 14, 2010 1:28:54 AM

when i had a 9400 gt i used to grt almost the same fps in crysis so i thin k the problem is diof adapter i will post a pic of it
m
l