Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

GA-X58A-UD5 Disk boot failure

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
June 25, 2011 2:26:20 PM

Hi there , my pc was working normaly , i turned it off and now when im going to turn it on it wont boot on windows and worst dosent recognise any hard drives or dvd recorder.

I didnt make any change or so just turned off and tanfer some hours turned on.

They are all sata and i remember they were configured with jmicron at least i remember to see that at start, and for the things i have search on internet its bios setup but i cant get it right :S , because i can detect the drivers but cant configured right.

Can you please say if it is bios setup and if so can post the configs , i got 2 hdd sata but they work as normal sata and 1 dvd recorder sata.

When configured wright it will boot so windows 7 that its instaled , its needed to be formated or it can be fixed?!

thanks
a b V Motherboard
June 25, 2011 3:21:17 PM

Hello,

Please restate exactly what the problem is. It sounds as if your computer won't boot, won't recognize your 2 HDD's and 1 DVD, and obviously won't progress to the Windows desktop.

Did anything significant happen prior to this, like a power outage, or a new BIOS flash, or the installation of new video drivers or other program, or even the downloading of Windows Updates?

What MB are you using, are you able to get to the startup Splash screen, and exactly where in the startup process does it hang? (before the splash screen, before 'Windows in starting up', before the 'logon screen', just before the desktop). Also do you have a beep code speaker attached that makes a single 'all OK' beep after the POST ?

That will give the community more information to pin down the problem
June 25, 2011 4:59:37 PM

I was working normaly at the pc right then i shut it down , some hours later i turned it on and what like i told.

The message is Disk boot failure , after that i went to bios to restaur to defaults and restart but same , i was messing up on configs and i got the disks detected.

I know i can make it working by formating the hdd but i just want if possible to boot up like it was before and i cant make it.

Before when it boot up it shows jmicro and now after my messings it shows achi sata something and some sec later shows raid something.

my mb is gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 rev 1 with bios F6
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
June 25, 2011 5:28:15 PM

peidof said:
I was working normaly at the pc right then i shut it down , some hours later i turned it on and what like i told.

The message is Disk boot failure , after that i went to bios to restaur to defaults and restart but same , i was messing up on configs and i got the disks detected.

I know i can make it working by formating the hdd but i just want if possible to boot up like it was before and i cant make it.

Before when it boot up it shows jmicro and now after my messings it shows achi sata something and some sec later shows raid something.

my mb is gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 rev 1 with bios F6


Couple more questions, did you have your BIOS set up for AHCI or two HDDs in RAID previously or have a Dual Boot System set up, or was it set up for a single HDD as a Basic drive?
Also in the BIOS, go to the Standard CMOS setting page, and see if your HDD is listed as an IDE (master or slave). Then to the Integrated Peripherals page to see if the PCH SATA control mode is set to IDE, RAID, of AHCI?
a c 715 V Motherboard
June 25, 2011 5:43:14 PM

1. If you did change the SATA IDE -> AHCI then run Fix It or set the 'Start = 0' in the registry per -> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976
2. If you're running ANY mechanical HDD on the Marvell SATA ports then move the HDD to the Intel SATA2_0 or the SATA2 port closest to the MOBO's PCB.
3. Do not have ANY DVD/BR on the first 4 SATA2 ports if running AHCI.
4. Verify Boot Order in the BIOS, you can have the DVD as priority 1 and Primary HDD as priority 2.
5. If using an SSD then IMO use the Marvell SATA3 port again closet to the MOBO's PCB.
June 25, 2011 6:58:10 PM

John_VanKirk said:
Couple more questions, did you have your BIOS set up for AHCI or two HDDs in RAID previously or have a Dual Boot System set up, or was it set up for a single HDD as a Basic drive?
Also in the BIOS, go to the Standard CMOS setting page, and see if your HDD is listed as an IDE (master or slave). Then to the Integrated Peripherals page to see if the PCH SATA control mode is set to IDE, RAID, of AHCI?




i dont remember my previous setup on bios ( shame on me ) it was a single hdd as basic driver and the other as storage.

i will check the rest later and reply later on
June 27, 2011 9:58:09 PM

its the hdd :S now i cant see it in bios :S and i see the other one. dam it got there alot of stuff.
Its not making click of death its doing readings but dosent do anything else.
There is any change to recover stuff?
a b V Motherboard
June 27, 2011 11:56:36 PM

peidof said:
its the hdd :S now i cant see it in bios :S and i see the other one. dam it got there alot of stuff.
Its not making click of death its doing readings but dosent do anything else.
There is any change to recover stuff?


Go back and follow the instructions in checking the BIOS standard BIOS page, and Advanced CMOS settings, especially checking the SATA AHCI entry, and the correct SATA port recommendations.

The fact that originally you saw 'Boot Disk Failure' on the monitor, may well mean the HDD has failed and may need replacement. Check this other items first.
a c 715 V Motherboard
June 28, 2011 12:28:41 AM

What SATA Ports are you using?

HDD 1 = SATA___?
HDD 2 = SATA___?
DVD = SATA____?

HDD1 is a ______ model? Firmware is ____ version?
HDD2 is a ______ model? Firmware is ____ version?

See my post above.
!