Status
Not open for further replies.

jpeg14

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
After a 'dope' setup, for first person shooters:
MW1&2, BBC2, Crysis, Far Cry

I need advise deciding on a central processing unit, i was looking at an i3 530, but i read quad cores are much more suitable for FPS.
what you guys think? Any advise or any recommendations? can anyone help me clarify my thoughts?

Solution

For a max budget of 200$ and primary gaming needs, you will be happy making a rig around a Phenom II X4 965.. Ideally, your total system budget will help us give a more ideal recommendation..
Yes without a budget its hard to tell. You can post your query in the Systems section to get help on a complete rig. To start off with here on the processor default would be i5 760 (for P55) and i7 950 (for X58). X58 platform would be a little bit more expensive than the P55 because the processor/motherboard/RAM would cost you more.

You can also wait till January when the Intel SB releases into the market.

For a max budget of 200$ and primary gaming needs, you will be happy making a rig around a Phenom II X4 965.. Ideally, your total system budget will help us give a more ideal recommendation..

Solution

jpeg14

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
Let me re-explain: I want as cheap as possible without over-killing, i have a total budget of $500-600. I am going to rip apart this computer, take its hardrives, cd drives, power supply and cooling devices and buy new ram, gpu, cpu and motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS