Doubting between i5 750 and AMD x4 945 build

Hello there,

Im going to give my old rig a decent upgrade and got my doubts between AMD and Intel. The components that Im going to upgrade are:
- Motherboard
- Memory
- Graphiccard
- CPU

Im doubting between these two:

(1)
AMD Phenom II X4 945
Gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3
EVGA GeForce GTX 460 SuperClocked 768MB
4GB DDR3 GeIL memory (GV34GB1333C9DC)

Total costs: 490 Euro's ( 630 US Dollars)

(2)
Intel i5 750
MSI P55-GD65
EVGA GeForce GTX 460 SuperClocked 768MB
4GB DDR3 GeIL memory (GV34GB1333C9DC)

Total costs: 570 Euro's (733 US Dollars)

------------------------------------

Im building this setup mainly for gaming. I dont photoshop, make movies or whatever.. Just gaming, internetting and downloading. I also am NOT overclock my system.
Since im from The Netherlands I cant use any tips about ordering some special sale at Newegg or some other shop outside my country. So just use the information im giving :).
Originally my budget is 650 $, but I might up it for the i5 if its really worth it.

The questions I got are:
1/ Is the i5 setup worth the extra 100 $ ? If yes, why?

2/ is it necessary to change the stock CPU cooler or are both CPU's doing fine with the stock one? (for example: If the i5 rly needs a different cooler, then the differents between the price is even higher than it is now.. )

3/ If I go for upgrade (1) is the ''Gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3'' the right way to go? Or will the ''MSI 770-G45'' be just fine? Which is around 25$ cheaper.

Greetings,
Tom
2 answers Last reply
More about doubting build
  1. go with intel. the motherboards support SLI and.. yeah..

you don't need an aftermarket HSF
  2. For gaming, the Intel build is better but the AMD build with a HD 5850 would be way better than Intel. That MSI mobo is fine.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build AMD Intel i5 Systems