Running applications on a non boot drive

Treky123

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
Hello, I have a 1TB data Drive (HDD) and a 120GB boot drive (SSD), I just finished installing windows on my boot-drive, and have installed some essential apps (chrome, Saba Centra, etc...) However I have quite a few applications on my HDD, including my steam game library, I am having issues running apps off my hard drive, the issue is that I cannot (and I apologize for my "high noob level" I just transitioned to PC from mac for work reasons) seam to find the apps, and when I do find them they will either give me an error message (this happened when I finally found my McAfee security software), Or they will not access any of the data that I imputed to them in the past? Is their a way that I can fix both of these issues, that is is their an way to easily find applications in my F: drive, and to run them off the hard drive?

t53186

Distinguished
Sounds to me like you probably upgraded to an SSD, and did not do an install of the applications and specify that the apps be installed in a directory on the 1TB drive.

If that is the case, you will need to install the apps again and during the installation specify they will be installed on the 1TB drive. Problem is the registry on your SSD needs program information even if they were previously installed on the 1TB drive.

Treky123

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012

Can you explain what you mean by this, Do I install the apps by dragging the program files over from the HDD to the SSD, or do I have to re-install windows again, if so how do do this? thank you