Intel i5-750 (socket 1156) and Server 2003

BhimaMeUp

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2010
Hello,
I have a client (A Dentist who wishes to deploy Digital X-rays in his office) that requires Server 2003 NOS, we need to find a motherboard that uses...

(1 & 2 are required)

1.) DDR3
2.) Intel i5-750 (socket 1156)

3.) SATA III 6Gbps RAID 1
(This could be worked around with 3rd party controller card.)

It seems that finding a compatible Mother Board (budgeted a2 $200.oo or so) is harder than we thought. When I find a motherboard and order it (for instance a ASUS P7F-X LGA 1156 Intel) It is on back order, then becomes unavailable. Please help with a link or suggestion as to where I can find something.

I know it is natural to assume that if a Motherboard runs Vista, Or Windows 7, that it will run Server 2003, but that is not true. It seems the almost every spec sheet I look at Doesn't Have Compatible OS's listed. This is the real problem, and it would be nice to find a "one stop" list of New Motherboards that includes "Compatible OS's" There must be one out there somewhere.

I need the horsepower of a i5, but at the same time the downward compatibility to "Server 2003" (required for the Dentrix Database).

Thanks

BhimaMeUp

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2010
Thanks, but as I mentioned, we had a Newegg order, but its been on backorder for several months. What I have found so far anyway is, that if the motherboard does have SATA III it's not compatiable with Server 2003. That's why I'm asking for help! I will do some research on some of the ones listed on your link, and post the results. And again, thanks! :)