Sign in with
Your question

Harddrive Not Showing Up In Windows 7 Installation!

Last response: in Storage
November 19, 2012 8:26:03 PM

I recently finished everything in my first build, except for the harddrive because mine came broken in the box, and ncix finnally sent me a new one. So when i go to install Windows 7, It gets to the point where the Select A Drive To Instll Windows 7 Too, And the Harddrive Does Not Show Up D:? If you have any idea, Let me know. (I saw 10s/100s of posts on this, havent seem to get an answer. I have no idea about this bios, It does not show CMOS Settings. I have A Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Mobo, With Bios Version F13.) Hard Drive Is A Seagate Barricuda 1000 Gb Btw.
a b $ Windows 7
a c 119 G Storage
November 19, 2012 9:16:07 PM

For some reason the Windows install wants to load a driver for some hard drives and you may not actually have to load one but you may have to go to the scxreen for that. At the bottom of the screen that y6our at for selecting a drive to load the OS there is a button for load driver that you can select. Seagate may actually have a driver for that hard drive , I don't know it's been some time since I had a Seagate.
m
l
November 19, 2012 9:47:24 PM

inzone said:
For some reason the Windows install wants to load a driver for some hard drives and you may not actually have to load one but you may have to go to the scxreen for that. At the bottom of the screen that y6our at for selecting a drive to load the OS there is a button for load driver that you can select. Seagate may actually have a driver for that hard drive , I don't know it's been some time since I had a Seagate.

Tried that, Alls that showed there was the OS DVD and the /E Drive. Dont know.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
a c 119 G Storage
November 19, 2012 10:38:59 PM

Make sure that the drive is connected to the Intel controlled sata port 0.
m
l
November 19, 2012 11:09:12 PM

Make sure you have power and the sata cable connected first. Then go to bios and see if it shows up, if it does you should be all set. The windows 7 install disk can format the new drive just pick the format option once you get to the select a drive screen.
m
l
!