Sign in with
Your question

Burnt DVD are stopping randomly

Last response: in Storage
November 19, 2012 11:23:17 PM

pbds DVD+-RW DH-16w1S dvd burning on windows vista
using TDK DVD+R doublelayer 8x speed 8.5g dvd's
Using Memorex DVD player

Burning files from AVI to dvd using wondershare and convertxtodvd.. tried both same problems..
some times dvd plays 50 minutes and stops sometimes it plays 90 minutes and stops.

wondering if there is anything i can do or use different dvds? try a new dvd player? different burning software? or is my DVD burner junk?
November 19, 2012 11:31:37 PM

I'd stop wasting time and buy a media streamer and a USB stick. It feels like 2001 all over again.
m
l
November 20, 2012 1:05:13 AM

Care to elaborate? or show me what i need to buy? i have media streaming set up on my xbox with my computer at home wirelessly.. but dont have that option at my girlfriends.. what would i need can you show me?
m
l
Related resources
a b G Storage
November 20, 2012 3:53:36 AM

Try to drop down burning speed to x4...

see if it helps..
m
l
November 20, 2012 1:50:07 PM

is there any streamer out there that i can hook up to my TV, plug in a USB to computer ans stream movies? kind of the like xbox 360 set up? i ahve found some but they all say they have to be in line of sight
m
l
a b G Storage
November 20, 2012 3:20:18 PM

Make sure your dvd player is compatible with dvd-r/w's. If the drive is older you might want to consider getting a new burner & possibly a new player as well. Most tv's now are more compatible with PC's depending on what video connections you have. I am tired of dealing with optical drives since they seem to fail or respond negatively, either by the drive or something wrong with the software portion.
m
l
a b G Storage
November 20, 2012 4:41:01 PM

There are many streaming boxes available some for less money that the above link. I suggest you shop around however I do agree that disks are becoming antiquated. If you're ripping movies to disk it's easier to rip to your HDD and then stream elsewhere or rip to a USB drive and move it elsewhere. It saves the cost of the disk, is much more portable and reusable and no compression is required to fit it on a disk.
m
l
November 20, 2012 5:57:37 PM

motoman006 said:
is there any streamer out there that i can hook up to my TV, plug in a USB to computer ans stream movies? kind of the like xbox 360 set up? i ahve found some but they all say they have to be in line of sight

No, simply because streaming 1080p needs a bit of bandwith, which is best with a wired connection. That Micca is a great option. I was using it before I built a HTPC.
m
l
November 21, 2012 5:57:03 AM

motoman006 said:
pbds DVD+-RW DH-16w1S dvd burning on windows vista
using TDK DVD+R doublelayer 8x speed 8.5g dvd's
Using Memorex DVD player

Burning files from AVI to dvd using wondershare and convertxtodvd.. tried both same problems..
some times dvd plays 50 minutes and stops sometimes it plays 90 minutes and stops.

wondering if there is anything i can do or use different dvds? try a new dvd player? different burning software? or is my DVD burner junk?

I have tried convertxtodvd, works well. Check out the software setting or options, sorry I cant say more because I currently use another DVD maker: http://www.dvdconvertersoft.com/dvd-creator.html more easy use. :lol: 
m
l
!