edgy2

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
Hello, I thought I could run a inno3d nvidia 7600GT AGP 512MB card on my hp pavillion a500n, XP SP3, athlon 2800 cpu, ASUS kelut 2.02 mobo, and 1.5GB DDR ram; no matter what nvidia driver I used, it would run awhile, then screen would lock-up or BSOD 0xEA for nv4_disp.dll error;any way to build a custom driver?...or get one that works?...any ideas? Thanks

edgy2

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009

...Thanks for taking the 'moment' to respond...I ended up sending the card back and got a replacement...but still the same problems...so I ended up keeping the FX 5200 nvidia...but still can't get the itunes to play the music videos I bought...sux...they used to play fine with the fx5200...but somewhere along the way of itunes updates, and all the other 'stuff' (...like virus updates, reg cleaning, drive cleaning/defraggin'...)..it just turns multiple colors of purple and the vids lock up the itunes and it crashes... didn't find any reference to my problems on itunes forum (maybe they'd say to buy a mac?) Anyhow, thanks again. Wish there were a quick way to 'find-out' which hardware components are compatible with with which mobos, cpus, chipsets, dimms etc... that type of 'scan-program' would be a god-send...