Usb device over current status

N1NA

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2011
Hi. I just suddenly got this message after so many years of my computer working fine. I had noticed maybe there was a problem with the usb's because it wasn't recognizing my webcam or anything. So, I shut it off and left for the weekend. When I came back, I got this message. I'm not a computer genius or anything, so I tried to follow the instructions on a thread I had found about this.
But I think I messed it up even more :/ I think I unplugged the USB jumper thing and tried to boot it up. And I got three beeps this time, and a message saying to enter SetUp and that my CMOS time/date was wrong or something of the sort. I can't enter Setup, though, because this message is getting in my way. I'd love it if someone could help me fix the problem (while speaking to me in layman's terms :p).

laundryman

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2011
When you unpluged the jumper you you reset the bios timeing.enter the bios and reset the time and date by the way put the jumper back on the left two pins.It should go back to the defalt settings then reboot

N1NA

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2011

I can't enter BIOS because the message is blocking it. It shut downs before giving me the option to enter it. I already but the jumper back and am still getting the same reaction.