rd382

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2001
Ive been playing on origanal sense sunday i got a lvl 28 barb in act 2 or nightmare the accont name is Sauris

Got a good colection of gems

i think im gona get expantion tomarro :)

<font color=green>I can draw tyte give me the damn crayon!</font color=green>

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have a level 76 assasin on US East. The expansion is so much better than the original Diablo2. If you get into the rune-wording, crafting, and the new socketing techniques, it widens the spectrum of the game dramatically. It is one of the best expansions for a game ive ever played.

eh, i'll procrastinate later...

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
are the controls better in 2? i am playing diablo 1 right now and cant believe how clumsy it is having only the mouse to control movement.

dhlucke

Polypheme
The expansion is like a new game. I love it....totally worth every dollar. You of course have to like the repetitive nature of diablo, but it's a ton of fun and there's tons of new stuff. I haven't even seen the 5th act yet..

<font color=red>Yeah, I took a crap on your lawn. Whatcha gonna do about it?</font color=red>

tlaughrey

Distinguished
May 9, 2001
I got Diablo II when it first came out, played it a little, and then didn't touch it for months. I got the expansion to see if it would make me want to play it again and have been pretty pleased with it. The jump to 800x600 is a definite improvement, though it could stand to go even higher. But it's nice to be able to see more on the screen. The new classes are interesting and I like the class-specific items and the runes. It was enough to get me back into the game, which is wrecking my sleep schedule. Oh well.

<i>Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.</i>

rd382

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2001
what are your guys character names? wana see all my perfict gems? i got like 6 or 7 hehehe does anyone know the recape for making a soj? i had to start over cause i really messed up my lvl 33 barb so now i have a lvl 8 barb thats on the right track i love barbs so much but i wana see what the expantion characters look like (i still havnt gotton it) prolly gone get it on friday

my account name is Sauris and my character name is Mephitix

later

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
there is no recipe for making a soj, sorry. there are recipes that use sojs to put one socket in a rare item.

my account is The@ntipop, so if you all see me on, drop a hello and maybe we can play together.

rd382

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2001
ok i got the expansion and well it is as good as everyone says

my barb is now lvl 41 but his stuff majerly sucks im in act 4 of nm

does anyone wana trade me some stuff?

I would also like to know some rune stuff you can do

oh and one last thing in act 5 what does persinalize mean what does it do to items?

rd382

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2001
oh and anti pop i dont know if ill be able to play with you or not my caracter is on us west

dhlucke

Polypheme
There are a bunch of recipes for runes and jewels etc on planet diablo, but I still have to find the right socketed items to use them on. Also, what good is personalizing an item in act 5? My druid is level 34 now...

<font color=red>Yeah, I took a crap on your lawn. Whatcha gonna do about it?</font color=red>

rd382

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2001
can players on different realms play with each other?

BrainStorm

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The expansion is really worth the money I spent for it. However, I think it is a little too good, I let my girlfriend play it few days ago, now I want my computer BACK!

It's better to be rich and healthy than poor and sick!

dhlucke

Polypheme
Delete her character, or at least move the files; she'll be so frustrated that she won't want to play anymore :)

dhlucke

Polypheme
I honestly don't know. I have a cracked version of D2, but I own the expansion. I haven't ventured online yet...not sure if I can.

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
no, you only play with people on your own realm (im on USEast :(
also, personalizing is really cool when you find the most unbelievable godly item that you will keep forever and then you put your name on it. just a little extra fun added to the game.
also, go to <A HREF="http://www.diabloii.net" target="_new">http://www.diabloii.net</A>, this IS the authoritative source of everything diablo 2 and LoD related material.

Lowlypawn

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I finally gave in and got LOD. The thing that surprised is how my level 72 amazon (the killing machine) now can’t kill $hit. I guess a 137 bow (that I imbued) sux in LOD.

Anyway I’m stared an Assassin and a Druid and got them both to level 13. So far I think I like the Druid better and seems a lot stronger then the assassin right now.

My questions are;

What kind of weapons should I use with my druid (fast or slow, 2H or 1 with shield)?

What’s better, warewolf or warebear and should I but points into both or just pick one?

Are the elemental worth the points or is it best to just specialize in shapeshifting?

Thx & Cya

<font color=green> 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 f6?? </font color=green>

dhlucke

Polypheme
I've got a level 38 Druid now and I'm starting to have problems going up levels. It takes forever now, and I haven't been able to find a good weapon. Nonetheless, he's insanely powerfull. I put 1 in Werewolf, 20 in Lacrothopy (sp), 20 in feral rage (sp), and now i'm working on my 3rd in Fury. My problem is that I put no points in Energy or Vitality for the first 5 acts. I'm finally starting to add to vitality since I got mauled bad and died once I went to hell.

I have still to find a good FAST weapon. I'm using a two handed sword that gives decent damage, 100% to gold, and blinds on each hit. I wouldn't bother with one handed weapons unless you somehow manage to find a decent 3 socketed shield that you can add the runes in from act 5 for the special shield. I don't find shite. I have a ton of money and gamble it constantly, but it never pans out. I got a couple good rings but no good weapons.

G

I feel your pain, I have a level 44 Assassin and I must say, Levels 35-44 have been the toughest. I stuck with Act 5 for the majority of the time. It gives more experience than Act 1 and 2 of Nightmare level. I die often when there are more than 2 people playing with no parties on nightmare. My weapons really suck and it seems my duplicate shadow master is more powerful than me (11 points devoted to it). The martial arts are cool, I just wished I developed em more. I heard that it all pays off though once you reach the 55+ levels.... we will see.

TknD

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yeah...been playing LOD since it came out.

However, since the 1.08 patch it made my level 65 ice sorc a perfect mule. But i had a level 30 ready to be converted over to the expansion without any special skill investments except warmth. Now she's level 76 and almost tri elemental. I have always played sorc since I got diablo 2 and now everyone seems to want to play them.

Anyway, here's my info if you catch me online.
account: tknd
character: tk_gam
USWest

<b>Does it work?</b>
Yes!
<b>Ok, How <i>well</i> does it work?</b>
Uhh...

TknD

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I wish I had a girlfriend that played D2, just get another comp and play together. :)

<b>Does it work?</b>
Yes!
<b>Ok, How <i>well</i> does it work?</b>
Uhh...

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
all i can say is that diablo 2 is the only game for which my monitor goes below 1600x1200... the only game worth playing even thought the graphics are terrible...

if in doubt blame microsoft...

BrainStorm

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Not a bad idea, I think I will try to install it on her 366 Celeron notebook (Yuk) and put it on my hub. :)

It's better to be rich and healthy than poor and sick!

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have a lvl 85 assasin on USEast. What I can say is that finding high damage claws (at least above 100) is essential to any martial arts assasin. But I also found that using traps can definitely help you out in some situations. While I have put 0 points into traps, I use a claw with +2 to death sentry as my secondary set of weapons. But the way it looks with 1.09 patch coming out fixing the 1 hit point mind blast bug, assasins will be worthless to play.

As far as druids, werewolf is definitely better than werebear. I have seen some elemental druids, but the damage on their best spells just isnt enough to cut it in high level difficulties. For a werewolf druid, a two handed fast attack speed maul is your best bet. But if you really need the defense, go with a mace class weapon (aldur's rythym is a perfect example) and a shield.