Your question

An Athlon X4 Cpu on an AMD690VM-FMH motherboard? hmm

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Computer
  • Motherboards
Last response: in CPUs
November 2, 2010 1:32:13 PM

Hey i recently bought an Ati 5770 card for my desktop computer. When i use it i can easily see the massive bottleneck which my athlon 64 x2 2.6GHz processor has on it.

Black Ops (cod) will be released soon and i saw the specifications were it requires at least a tripple core CPU. My CPU is only Dual Core therefore i want to upgrade it. I was looking at this AMD Athlon ii X4 630 CPU.
I will only get this if I can't run black ops at all on my computer. If i can then im going to wait and buy a new computer soon, however if i can't i would like to know weather my AMD690VM-FMH motherboard can support it and will it bottleneck my GPU and CPU for that matter (i think it has an AM2 socket) I couldn't find much info on google therefore i am asking you guys for help :) 
Also another thing. My PSU is a 350watt one it runs great with my GPU (yes i know you need at least 400watt) Will adding that cpu become a problem? its going ot be a watt increase of 35 watts compared to my current CPU :) 

Thanks xD

More about : athlon cpu amd690vm fmh motherboard hmm

a c 159 à CPUs
a c 435 V Motherboard
November 2, 2010 3:43:39 PM

If the motherboard is oem (dell, hp, gateway, etc) then you'll need to go to one of their forums or websites for specific cpu support information. You can use cpuz or everest to get your bios version, but your chipset is old, and may not support am3 cpus.
!